Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Larger throat machine in the works >

Larger throat machine in the works

Larger throat machine in the works

Old 06-26-2021, 04:07 PM

Default Larger throat machine in the works

Today I went to go look at a machine with a bigger throat. I tried out a Babylock Lyric. Very nice! The equivalent is a Brother BQ950. I seriously think I need to give my husband an eviction notice so I can have whatever machine with a new table. Rant over! LOL

Update: I did like the Brother BQ950. I do think I will be going with the Babylock Lyric only because it saves me the trouble of having to sell my older Brother 2010 with cabinet and chair. I didn't buy any more fabric....but I did buy a couple of patterns. I will be searching for a new sewing cabinet. Until I find the right one, I will use a table I had at the very beginning. Chances are I will have my husband put a piece of ply wood to make it flush as it has curve like sway in the middle.
Old 06-26-2021, 05:07 PM

congradulations! New machines are so fun...
Old 06-26-2021, 06:28 PM
Power Poster

Good for you to get the machine and table you want.
Old 06-27-2021, 05:45 AM

I am so excited for you!! I am sure you will be happy with your choice.
Old 06-27-2021, 06:29 AM

I get more excited over a new machine than getting a new car. I know you'll enjoy the larger throat space. You can always get a new husband.
Old 06-27-2021, 07:36 AM
Power Poster

Is there a price difference between the two?

Last edited by Onebyone; 06-27-2021 at 07:41 AM.
Old 06-30-2021, 05:19 PM

Update: I ended up with the Baby Lock Lyric. I also ordered a new sewing table. Got a new sewing chair and a trolley case.
I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the table tomorrow (Thursday 7-1-2021). Yes there was a price difference in the machines. Roughly $300.00, but I went with the Baby Lock just so I wouldn't have to deal with selling my older machine/cabinet. I paid $120.00 for the older machine. They store gave me $200.00 towards the new one. I am so excited to unbox it, but have to wait until I assemble the table. Then I will be so ready to put it to use!! I agree, I can always get a new husband, but I'd rather get another machine, again LOLL
Old 07-01-2021, 03:42 AM

Hooray for you! What fun to play with the features of a new machine and good for you to get the table and other parts too. As advanced tool users we need not only good tools but good infrastructure and ergonomics too

I think the biggest improvement for me would be to have an actual sewing table so I could lower the machine to table height for quilting. I rather like top of the table for piecing just fine. Problem is I have a beast of a machine and a mouse of a budget but I am watching Craig's List. The other problem is that since I like piecing, I have a huge pile of tops and I've got to get better at getting them quilted down...