Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Largest Quilt Shop in America? >

Largest Quilt Shop in America?

Largest Quilt Shop in America?

Old 12-29-2020, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by MaryAnnMc View Post
For Floridians, the biggest has to be Rainbow's End in Dunedin (Tampa area) that claims 20,000 bolts! There is a whole section of nothing but food fabrics and a whole room of Christmas; they arrange by color, not by fabric line (which I'm not sure I like) and a huge collection of solids. But for all the fabulous fabrics, I have never met a grumpier group of ladies.
When I would go to Florida, enjoyed going to Rainbow's End in Dunedin.
Old 12-30-2020, 03:18 AM

Keepsake closed their store, they only sell online now.
Old 12-30-2020, 08:02 AM

Mary Jo's website says it's closed. Am I looking at the wrong Mary Jo's?
Old 12-30-2020, 08:45 AM

I would think that MSQC is the largest since it is composed of a great deal of the entire town.
Old 12-30-2020, 09:08 AM

Probably MSQC is the largest and they certainly work hard to maintain their reputation!
Old 12-30-2020, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by mopec View Post
Mary Jo's website says it's closed. Am I looking at the wrong Mary Jo's?
yes Mary Jo’s in Gastonia, NC is definitely closed and has been for some time. Mary Jo passed away maybe a few years ago - what I heard, I think is that her son got the store and thst his wife ran it into the ground. They were getting rid of some really good fabric lines awhile back (not any happy Quilter’s about that)! Last time I was there back when MJ was still with us the store had changed quite a lot. Many, many quilters were so unhappy with what happened. People would come from miles and other countries as it was the best place to shop. But she did not carry Moda - think there is a story about that, not sure. We all were totally deviated when the store started slipping and then closed for good. I’m thinking she was in business for about 60 years.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 12-30-2020, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
I would think that MSQC is the largest since it is composed of a great deal of the entire town.
I’ve been buying from MSQC for several years and they are just the best at everything. Everything I’ve purchased has been so carefully packed and there is always a small thank you not from the person who packed it and includes my name. Hamilton, MO is on my list of shops to visit someday - fingers crossed, it’s half-way across the country from NC but it would be so worth it, Nit sure if I could get my husband to take me - I can take myself but it would be so much more fun with my bestie friend here in NC.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 12-30-2020, 09:13 PM

I wanted to let you and everyone know that Keepsake (a place I loved) is still in business online through their wonderful catalogue. But, they also have a sort of warehouse/store in Apex, NC (near Raleigh) that has a super online showing plus this real place to shop.. it’s called Pineapple Fabrics and I really am so happy with them. Go to their website and signup for daily emails which always have all sorts of various precuts and yardage - a special every day with a free pattern. It’s not like a regular quilt store (haven’t been there yet due s crappy virus!!) as they dint carry all the cool “stuff” but it’s very worth it to sign up and get these very amazing chances to purchase their special type of fat quarters, etc. plus prices in yardage - I’ve purchased batiks for around $4/yard. The email comes in the early morning and I’ve missed some fabrics I would have loved to have purchased but got there too late in the day.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC

heres their website — pineapplefabrics.com