Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Laser Fabic Cutting Machines >

Laser Fabic Cutting Machines

Laser Fabic Cutting Machines

Old 12-16-2018, 06:32 PM

I have a Silhouette Cameo which cuts lots of stuff (paper, cardstock,vinyl, fabric with a paperbacked fused stablizer on it) which pretty much limits it to applique for me. I also have the Accuquilt GoBig and love it --most of my quilts are pieced so that works great and I would recommend that for someone like me that sometimes has accuracy issues with cutting. I do know that some major stores have laser cutters (Keepsake, etc) but imagine they are very expensive.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:29 AM

Learned again, never assume-laser is not a good option. I definitely will go with a cutting blade, but want one I can use with Electric Quilt. Save a block to a jpg, pdf, etc & load it to the cutter either from web or usb. Thanks for your responses
Old 12-18-2018, 02:48 AM

There is a LQS near me that has a laser. They sell appliqué kits that they design in house. I talked to her about it one day. She told me there is a huge amount of waste and is only worthwhile if you are cutting many multiples of the same thing.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:05 AM
Banned

In EQ, if you have a .pdf printer installed, you can change the print settings in EQ to print to the .pdf printer. Choose your appliqué, print appliqué, and then in the Silhouette Studio software, import the file as a vector. Easy Peasy. However, it will require an upgraded version of the Silhouette Studio software. I have the Business version; I'm not sure which version you'd need to upgrade to in order to import .pdf's as vector images.

Originally Posted by pagagne View Post
Learned again, never assume-laser is not a good option. I definitely will go with a cutting blade, but want one I can use with Electric Quilt. Save a block to a jpg, pdf, etc & load it to the cutter either from web or usb. Thanks for your responses
Old 12-30-2018, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
Can't help you out, just want to welcome you to this board.
Only two posts, but joined in 2013.... interesting.
Old 12-30-2018, 11:14 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Only two posts, but joined in 2013.... interesting.
Could be the poster has two different board name log ins under different emails. Many here do.