Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Laura Heine's Collage >

Laura Heine's Collage

Laura Heine's Collage

Old 01-24-2024, 06:14 AM

Peckish...Danny Amazonas is my hero. I was booked for a 2 day class and he was actually in the airport on the way to Canada when we got shut down for Covid. So disappointing!
If anyone wants some eye candy, Google Danny Amazonas.

I find Laura Heine patterns underwhelming. They are just an outline and some suggestions for colour, IMO. The actual subjects are lovely, but one could find something that you liked just by Googling copy-right free images and then use that as the outline. I was actually shocked when I looked at one of her patterns at how little help it was, especially compared to the price!

Ashley, your collages turned out lovely!

Watson
Old 01-24-2024, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by aashley333 View Post
Well, I guess I did not post a finished pic of my seahorse, so here it is. I thoroughly enjoyed it!!
I also made a sand dollar.
I love your work.
Old 01-24-2024, 12:06 PM

Oh my!!! What gorgeous quilts! Will have to put that technique on my "future quilts" project list...
Old 01-24-2024, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by aashley333 View Post
Well, I guess I did not post a finished pic of my seahorse, so here it is. I thoroughly enjoyed it!!
I also made a sand dollar.
Love your seahorse!
Old 04-22-2024, 09:39 AM

YIkes! Now, I want to learn how to make a collage quilt too! I"ll put it on my list...
Old 04-23-2024, 10:07 AM
Power Poster

Just looked up Danny Amazonas, as suggested. WOW. I feel totally inadequate as a quilter! He is an amazing talent.
Old 04-23-2024, 11:54 AM

I recommend Emily Taylor over Laura Heine for beginners. She goes a lot deeper into how-to.
Old 04-23-2024, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Peckish...Danny Amazonas is my hero. I was booked for a 2 day class and he was actually in the airport on the way to Canada when we got shut down for Covid. So disappointing!
If anyone wants some eye candy, Google Danny Amazonas.

I find Laura Heine patterns underwhelming. They are just an outline and some suggestions for colour, IMO. The actual subjects are lovely, but one could find something that you liked just by Googling copy-right free images and then use that as the outline. I was actually shocked when I looked at one of her patterns at how little help it was, especially compared to the price!

Ashley, your collages turned out lovely!

Watson
because we are so different, there’s lots of room for all levels of teachers; beginner to advanced. Years ago, In a collage class by Rosemary Eichorn, a few of us excelled. Others floundered.
Old 04-23-2024, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
because we are so different, there’s lots of room for all levels of teachers; beginner to advanced. Years ago, In a collage class by Rosemary Eichorn, a few of us excelled. Others floundered.
This is so true! I tend to need minimal instruction to start and then when I'm stuck I'll ask. Laura Heine's class was really good for me. Some people wanted to be told where to put each piece. They struggled with her class.