Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Learned Today >

Learned Today

Learned Today

Old 03-14-2011, 08:34 PM

You can learn a lot about yourself just playing with fabric. Today I started out with the goal of emptying out all 5 of those really big plastic totes and folding & organizing all of my fabrics into the built in cupboard in the back of the closet.

I learned that I must really love the color blue. I have a beautiful collection of 48 blue fabrics that total to 143 yards. I also seam to have acquired a bad addiction to novelty fabrics. I have two shelves full and still have 2 ½ totes still to finish going through.

I learned that I just can’t resist buying from the 50% off rack when Joanns has a red tag sale. However most of my red tag sale items don’t go with anything I currently have.

I’m pretty sure that any scrap that I throw in to my scrap bin automatically multiplies in the night and makes more. So I need to plan on cutting scraps into smaller usable sizes on a regular basis.

And lastly I learned that I have pretty good taste, and had lots of fun shopping. And more importantly when you wrap the fabric around the 6-inch ruler, slide out the ruler and fold it in half, it keeps it looking very neat & tidy and somehow look like less fabric. So no need to confess to DH how much fabric that I really have.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:35 PM

accept a ---well done---
Old 03-14-2011, 08:41 PM

When I sorted my fabrics by color I learned that I have twice as much pink and blue than anything else. What is strange is that most of my fabric has been purchased at sales and auctions. I figure most people do most of their sewing for young girls and boys. Congrats on getting it all sorted and under control!

Rose
Old 03-14-2011, 08:41 PM

LOL thanks for the tip.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by KatFish
I learned that I must really love the color blue. I have a beautiful collection of 48 blue fabrics that total to 143 yards.
I love blue, too. Don't have 143 yards of it, though. Maybe 40?
Old 03-14-2011, 08:48 PM

Yay!!! Happy for you.

I pulled my fabric out of totes a few months ago and LOVE being able to see what I have. It is soooo much easier.... and inspiring.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by BluegrassGurl
Yay!!! Happy for you.

I pulled my fabric out of totes a few months ago and LOVE being able to see what I have. It is soooo much easier.... and inspiring.
That's what I did this past weekend too :-) Love my fabrics!!
Old 03-14-2011, 08:52 PM

DH was checking out my organizing progress and said that he thought I had more fabric than that. He suggested that maybe I should get some more before the price goes up more. I agreed with him of course. :-)
Old 03-14-2011, 09:01 PM

hubby's usual comment is, "it's a disease, isn't it?" as he walks past... i just smile and hope there's no cure.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by KatFish
DH was checking out my organizing progress and said that he thought I had more fabric than that. He suggested that maybe I should get some more before the price goes up more. I agreed with him of course. :-)
Great idea!! That is what my DH said....so will be shopping or looking for great sales for a few weeks. Aren't our hubbies a
great addition to our hobbies? :lol: :lol: