Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Liberated Quilter Book >

Liberated Quilter Book

Liberated Quilter Book

Old 06-08-2007, 05:26 AM

Gwen Marstan's name is very familiar to me. I see her name on books and in magazines and probably even in seminar listings. The "Liberated Quilter" must be the Holy Grail among quilting books at the moment. If I come across it, I will let you know.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:06 PM
JS

Hi EQ,
I appreciate your keeping a lookout for the book. There you go again!!I really had to laugh from your description (Holy Grail.) I look forward to talking with you more.
Jean
Old 06-08-2007, 04:56 PM

Barnes and Noble has two copies of the "Liberated String Quilts" by Marstan in paperback - one is 19 and the other is 24. I have ordered many books from Barnes & Noble used and out of print books and have never ever been disappointed. The link is http://search.barnesandnoble.com/used/listingResults.asp?z=y&stage=csListingResults&WID=1496971
Old 06-09-2007, 06:03 PM
JS

Thank you so much. I will give it a try. I will hold my breath until I find out what the price will be if they can get it for me. So nice of you to write.
My Very Best To You.
Jean
Old 06-10-2007, 09:46 AM

JJ (Jean)
Gwen Marston has a website, has the book you are looking for as well as others of hers. http://www.gwenmarston.com /8) Betty
Old 06-10-2007, 02:11 PM
JS

Hi Betty,
How can I ever thank you for the information regarding the book "Liberated Quilter". It is so funny because at dinner this evening I was telling my husband about the quilting forum and how everyone is so enjoyable to talk to and so helpful. While talking to him about this== it popped into my mind to try and see if Gwen Marston has a web site. So, I sat down after dinner at the computor to clear out my e-mails and then search for her site. Low and behold there you were!!! Saving me all the extra time and effort. Needless to say I was very excited and thankful because I have been trying to purchase this book for a dear friend for many,many,many months. I owe you big time Betty. You will be in my thoughts and prayers forever!!!!
Hope you had a safe and enjoyable weekend. Look forward to talking to you again soon.
Thanks Betty,
Jean
Old 06-22-2011, 12:53 PM

I am new to this forum and was doing some searching on some books I have that I am looking to sell and came across this that someone was looking for this book. I have done some searching on line to see what this and my other books are selling for and found that this one along with another one I have are both out of print, along with others I have that that are not listed out of print.

I saw that the posts on this post are going back to what looks like 2007 so I don't know if anyone is still looking for this book but if you are email me at [email protected] so I can send a picture of the book I have so you can see that it is in very good-excellent condition, since I don't know how to attach a picture here.

Thanks
Barbara
Old 06-22-2011, 01:14 PM

Actually I think the book Gwen Marston has on her website is the Liberated Quilt II. But I would bet you that most of what is in the first book is also in this book plus more. I own this book and the good news is I got it with a coupon at JoAnns.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:49 PM

Liberated Quiltmaking is available through different sellers on abebooks.com from $32 up:
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sear...making&x=0&y=0

It's $30-90 used on amazon.com and $40-80 on eBay.

Oops, corrected the initial info on abebooks as I didn't notice that it was Liberated Quiltmaking II that cost $16-25.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:56 PM

The one on Abe books is
Liberated Quiltmaking II

The one I have is
Liberated String Quilts

If anyone is interested in this book as I posted above I am new to this forum and don't know how to attach a picture here so you can email me for the picture.

There are different titles that is way the prices are so much more from one book to the other.