Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Light weight iron

Blog Entries

Light weight iron

I have started having shoulder and upper arm problems and have to find a lighter iron than my (heavy) Continential dry iron to keep by the sewing machine to use when pieceing. I would also like one without the auto-shut off, or a way to bypass it. Any recommendations? Thanks

this one gets decent reviews on Amazon.
    SteamFast SF-717 Home & Away Steam Iron
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

I used to have a folding travel iron. It was very light weight. I would imagine something like that would still be available.

I, too, had trouble with a heavy iron. I went to Wally World and found one for about $10. No auto shut off, and it works just fine! It's a Rival.
    Julie
    Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they're always there!

Blog Entries
    I want this one. keep seeing it in keepsakequilting photos or connectingthreads but they don't seem to sell it. it's just cute. http://www.air-n-water.com/product/s...content=SF-717 oh same one mentioned above!!
    Last edited by nativetexan; 08-11-2013 at 09:00 AM.
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

$19 dollars on Amazon.

Blog Entries
    I just ordered it on Amazon.
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    I want this one. keep seeing it in keepsakequilting photos or connectingthreads but they don't seem to sell it. it's just cute. http://www.air-n-water.com/product/s...content=SF-717 oh same one mentioned above!!
    I have one similar to this, but its made by Sunbeam. Found it at Publix on the clearance rack of all places. I also use a proctor silex that I got at Family Dollar; The cheaper one that doesn't have automatic shutoff (about $10.00).

let us know how you like it.

Blog Entries
    anyone know if the voltage on the SF-717 Steam Fast little iron is set for America?? I can't even see it and got out my magnifier but still can't get the setting thing to move at all. I haven't tried to plug it in yet due to this. 220 or 110? sigh. anyone figured this out on theirs yet?

Blog Entries
    anyone??? who has this iron?? help, i'm not comfortable plugging this in if it's set for 220!!