Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Linus quilts >

Linus quilts

Linus quilts

Old 12-18-2013, 08:12 AM

Default Linus quilts

I am a huge fan of making Linus quilts and make lots through the year. Would love to see some of yours and perhaps get some fresh ideas.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:22 PM

This is an easy one that goes together quickly. It's called Fiona from the book 3 Times the Charm by Me and My Sister Designs, but it's easily replicated with the size blocks you have available. I did mine in 30s Reproduction scraps.
Attached Thumbnails sweet-top-nov-2012.jpg  
Old 12-18-2013, 04:52 PM
Power Poster

I do the square in a square. You can vary the quilt by using many color on the outside and just the same center square in all the blocks or make them all scrappy or make two sides 1" wider to give them an off center look.....
Attached Thumbnails off-center-sq-red-black.jpg  
Old 12-18-2013, 05:51 PM
Power Poster

would love to see more of these. what you've shown are great
Old 12-18-2013, 06:38 PM

Default Linus Quilt for Halloween

Each year one of our donation sites, a children's hospital, hosts a Halloween party for the patients. Our Linus chapter tries to make as many autumn/Halloween quilts as possible for the event. Shown here is a tied quilt made from scraps. All of the Linus quilts that I make are simple and most are made from scraps and remnants.

One of my favorite Linus quilts to make is a "Match I Spy" quilt with 24 pair of 6" matching novelty squares alternating with another fabric.
Attached Thumbnails quilthalloween.jpg  
Old 12-18-2013, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Daylesewblessed View Post
Each year one of our donation sites, a children's hospital, hosts a Halloween party for the patients. Our Linus chapter tries to make as many autumn/Halloween quilts as possible for the event. Shown here is a tied quilt made from scraps. All of the Linus quilts that I make are simple and most are made from scraps and remnants.

One of my favorite Linus quilts to make is a "Match I Spy" quilt with 24 pair of 6" matching novelty squares alternating with another fabric.
What is that darling border fabric on the one in the pic? the one with the little "people" dancing? Do you remember where you got it? Such a cute quilt!
Old 12-19-2013, 07:00 AM

Here is one of my go to patterns for kids charity quilts. The pattern is free On the Quilts For Kids website. Sorry if this pic is big but that is what they seem to be when I post one.
Attached Thumbnails 004-4-.jpg  
Old 12-19-2013, 07:13 AM

Polytink,

The dancing border fabric came from M & M Fabrics to the best of my recollection, probably Jelly Bean Junction. Almost all of the fabric I use for Linus has been donated. It was out about 10 years ago. There was a coordinating bodice panel for it.

I do not like to use ugly witches, skulls, and such for children. This print has scarecrows dancing with the children, and I thought it added an upbeat autumn theme to the quilt.