Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Local Walmart >

Local Walmart

Local Walmart

Old 05-02-2012, 03:36 AM

I love the WM on the west end of our city. It has a great selection and is always getting new fabric. I stopped in the other day and bought $50 worth and loved the new colors. I have some friends that won't buy there because they only want Moda and all of the expensive brands but I am happy and that is what counts.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:47 AM

Our closest Walmart just got a new fabric dept. although they never stopped having fabric. I was there over the weekend and the fabric dept. is 4 times as big as it used to be. They also have pre-cuts now which they never had before and they got all their embroidery supplies back. I didn't get a chance to really look at the fabric they had as I had my DH with me and we were buying vinyl to re-cover the seat on the golf cart. Whenever he is with me in or near a fabric store/dept. he gets this kind of glassy-eyed stare and kind of just stands in a corner looking all bored and uncomfortable that I feel badly about spending any time looking around. That's his strategy for me to not spend much money. lol Can't wait to get back there and check it out. I have never bought much quilt fabric there but I have bought curtain fabric, etc. there. I don't mind buying fabric there if it's good fabric as we don't have any lqs anywhere near my house.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:49 AM

Ladies stocking the shelves at our Walmart said that they were going to do away with the fabric and then found it would be a mistake...they have completely rearranged the dept. ..lots of sales on fabrics and a whole lotta new fabrics....
Old 05-02-2012, 05:33 AM

We stay in Wmart parking lot on our way home from TX as most campgrounds are closed in the northern states. I get a chance to check out the fabric depts of all of them We just came home mid April and I noticed that nearly all of them were in the process of setting up large fabric departments At home we still have the little fat quarters for quilting and pre cuts for everything else section I'll be spending my money at Fabricland until I get a chance to go across the border again. The LQSs are quite a few miles away and I'm not such a great quilter that I can afford 18 to 22 dollars a meter.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:47 AM

Jacquie, please tell me about this "super flannel". I have never heard of it. I buy "Super Muslin" by the bolt at the nearest WM, and it is a great natural solid.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:57 AM

We've always had a great fabric selection at W-M, but now they've expanded it more than double at the Atoka, OK store. Even with all the new shelves and racks they have fabric stacked waiting on somewhere to display it.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by badaisie View Post
We never lost our fabric dept, but some others around us did. I was told they are expanding the fab dept at out WM and some of the stores around us are getting their fab dept back. I am in Englewood, Fl
Lucky you! Ocala Walmarts have zip for fabric. It's a bummer.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:56 AM

Keep complaining until they listen! SOMEBODY listened before; maybe they will now.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:38 AM

I love our revamped Walmart fabric dept - is at least twice as big, great fabrics, embroidery supplies, great inspiration. Probably would be pushing the envelope too hard to ask about classes? In the country, that would be super!! :-)

Mary
Old 05-02-2012, 08:41 AM

Love my Walmart's craft department! I live about 20 miles from two different Walmarts so I really get to save when shopping fabric.