Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Location of quilters

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ICU_FOSTERMOM
    I am in a small town in Mass. Tyngsboro. It is on the N. H. border on rt.3
    I am new to this board but love it already . I am a newbie Quilter. I Love Quilting . Sometimes it is overwhelming to think about how much there is out there to learn . I really don't know if my Brain can hold all that info...lol
    You'r right up the street from where I work in Chelmsford. Have you been to Candlelight quilt shop in Chelmsford center yet? nice quilt shop.

I also think it is a good idea to at least post your city and state. I live in North Phoenix, Arizona and have been sewing for years, since high school when I got my first Kenmore Machine. Even tho it is a super high shank; I now have alot of accessories and feet for it. It sits just under the window on a heavy duty banquet table in the master bedroom.

I don't work outside the house, but tend to stay inside when it gets over 100+ degrees around here. Also to let my beagle inside and outside during the day while I take breaks from sewing.

The question someone posted was if you had a clock in your sewing room. I have a clock in the bottom right corner of my computer that keeps super accurate time, so I use that. Also a wristwatch; the printer next to the computer also shows the time and date.

One table has my computer and printer, the other table has my sewing machine- which are both currently in the extended part of the master bedroom. They are 2 parallel tables with just about 30" in between them. Each of the 4 bedrooms here are used by my 2 sons and my husband took the other one for his office.

I took the master bedroom and put my sewing stuff in the area where the suite area is. Not quite my own sewing room, but between that and the space under the tables and the walk in closet, its good enough for now. from, Debbie, Phoenix, AZ

Hey ya'll! I'm from southest Tennessee, about 20 miles north of Chattanooga!

We are blessed to have so much material available, England does pretty good too!

Hi I live in HOT!!! Phoenix, AZ. I love the fall, winter, & spring's but summers.....
    I would rather be on the Pacific Coast region.

[quote=mygirl66]I like it when people put where they are from. You never know how close you are to someone if you dont![/quote

I agree. I love seeing fellow quilters from all over the world, but it would be exciting to find out that one was close also. I see many from my state, but don't know where. I don't want addresses but just the town would be nice.

Hi, I'm out in Norwell, near Hingham. Have either of you been to Tumbleweeds in/near Pembroke? and did you get up to NH to Keepsake Quilting's Summer sale? It's a little intimidating when you look at the busloads attending...

Quote Originally Posted by Quilt4u
    I am new to this board but love it already . I am a newbie Quilter. I Love Quilting . Sometimes it is overwhelming to think about how much there is out there to learn . I really don't know if my Brain can hold all that info...lol
    You'r right up the street from where I work in Chelmsford. Have you been to Candlelight quilt shop in Chelmsford center yet? nice quilt shop.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnmama
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    Admin did a red dot on this awhile ago. It showed where everyone was from. Pretty cool what he can do.....
    What is a red dot?
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-28897-1.htm

There is a map on the first page down about 2/3 of the way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charleen DiSante
    Hi, I'm out in Norwell, near Hingham. Have either of you been to Tumbleweeds in/near Pembroke? and did you get up to NH to Keepsake Quilting's Summer sale? It's a little intimidating when you look at the busloads attending...

Quote Originally Posted by Quilt4u
    Ounce A long time ago it seams I was on a day trip with a guild.

As for me, I too enjoy this site sooooooooooooo much. Lots of generous people with their ideas, support and recommendations from all points of the globe. I've learned a lot from all of you and have been able to share it with other quilting buddies and guild members.
    As for hiding, I too have had difficulty updating my location but try your recommendations earlier this morning and we will see. If not, I'm waving at you all from 7000 feet in the cool pine trees of Flagstaff, Arizona. Unusally hot right now but bareable.

waving from lincoln,maine

I live in Peabody, Massachusetts

Eden, NC

EC
    For those of you having trouble updating your location, after entering your city and state, be sure to go a little further down the page and click on "update general information". I did it wrong the first time also.

Cool, so, if your name is "Snowbird" does that mean you are up for the season? Although after our weather ofthe last couple of days the 'snowbirds' may rather have been in FL. or states close by there :)

No - Snowbird because I was born and raised in Canada. Live a little farther south of there now I guess.

yeah, but not much farther. :)

I'm not getting why it is important. Feels like another label to me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbird
    I live in Peabody, Massachusetts
    I'm only 30 to40 min. away from you. (Winthrop MA.)

Neat! That's not far at all.

I live in a beautiful little mountain town called North Fork, in California. We actually have 4 seasons with snow and lots of summer heat. I love it here, and do a lot of quilting with the rustic theme that the mountains inspire.

Quote Originally Posted by DebraK
    I'm not getting why it is important. Feels like another label to me.
    I don't think I understand what you are saying....what kind of label :?

Well, I guess that if it's a label, you can label me proudly from Midland, TX!!! Ya'll are all welcome to come visit and quilt with me anytime! I'll make a big pitcher of iced tea to cool us down, as our high on Saturday was 111*, and it looks like we're in for a sweltering summer. I'll say this...I'm glad to be here, and I'm glad ya'll are all here, too!

:thumbup:

Blog Entries
    I have been reading this forum for several weeks and really enjoy the topics and the people!! I just now created my profile and decided to post! Hello new quilting friends!

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast