Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Lone Star Patern from Quilt Show Recognition

Lone Star Patern from Quilt Show Recognition

Name:  BDA10944-BF0C-44BF-8D73-7A770ED738FF.jpeg
Views: 1586
Size:  209.8 KBName:  96155E71-B133-4F32-A320-E0A1C481BDA4.jpeg
Views: 1595
Size:  219.8 KBName:  3B126CEF-C914-41CE-AEB5-8DD874CD9A8F.jpeg
Views: 1584
Size:  86.2 KB
    This was at a quilt show in Albany,Or recently. Does anyone recognize the pattern? I tried searching for what she listed as the pattern and a few other searches, but couldn’t find anything even close. I love how this can be made so scrappy and look so polished.

It is a Karen Stone pattern which I think is only available on EQ format so you need EQ to get it. Not positive though. Here is the link to EQ for her addition software. The same quilt is pictured near the bottom. https://electricquilt.com/online-sho...e-more-quilts/
    Last edited by feline fanatic; 04-04-2019 at 11:46 AM. Reason: add another link

I have no idea what pattern it is, but that's gorgeous!
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Gorgeous quilt.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Gay
    Blog Entries
    The diamonds are simple to draft, draw a rectangle either 4x8 or 5x10 and join the middle of each side, then the triangles beginning at the left side. This is your foundation pattern, but don't forget to add a 1/4" seam allowance all around. I have EQ7 & this was easy. If you need further help send me a pm.

Blog Entries
    Gay, do you mean that you don't use the 'outside' triangles of the rectangle and just the diamond that you created?
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-05-2019 at 04:41 AM.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

I don't know about the technicalities of this pattern; but, I do know it is beautiful. I hope you find the information you need to make it.

The pattern is in Karen Stone's book, Karen K Stone Quilts, it is called there, An Unusual Lone Star. The ISBN number is 1-893824-27-6 by The Electric Quilt Company. I have the book but the paper piece patterns are lost in my sewing space.

Wow! I can see why you would want this design. It's gorgeous! But I was struck by your name, "Feathers n Fur" before I even opened your post. My mom and I did were licensed wildlife rehabilitators for too many years to count. We needed a name to distinguish us from other groups and we chose Fur and Feathers. Mom passed away 17 years ago and I retired from rehab work 6 years ago. I live on the east coast and quilt, you live on the west coast and quilt, and we have similar experience tastes in names. We must be kindred spirits. Thanks for the memory of mom and all the critters we saved over the course of rehab. I hope you make this quilt and it's as lovely as the quilt shown. I am sure it will be.

This quilt is absolutely gorgeous.

That sure is an "Oh, my gosh." It's lovely.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

Quote Originally Posted by Gay View Post
    The diamonds are simple to draft, draw a rectangle either 4x8 or 5x10 and join the middle of each side, then the triangles beginning at the left side. This is your foundation pattern, but don't forget to add a 1/4" seam allowance all around. I have EQ7 & this was easy. If you need further help send me a pm.
    What you've described gives a square, and you need a diamond. You can print the diamond foundations for paper piecing from EQ. You could draw your own, but you would have to start with a diamond, not a rectangle. I have the Karen K. Stone Quilt add-on, which has the pattern for An Unusual Lone Star. The More Quilts add-on has the pattern for ULS2. I can't see any difference between the two.

Gay
    Blog Entries
    QuiltnNan , The outside triangles of the template are not used, I was referring to drawing in the triangles in the diamond. Here's a diagram of the one I drew up. As I said the pieces must be cut larger to give extra for the seam allowances. For foundation piecing, the numbers show in which order the fabrics are sewn. This one is a 5x10 rectangle, but can be made smaller using 4x8. Good luck with it.

Name:  a diamond-1a.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  25.1 KB
    Last edited by Gay; 04-05-2019 at 02:40 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay View Post
    QuiltnNan , The outside triangles of the template are not used, I was referring to drawing in the triangles in the diamond. Here's a diagram of the one I drew up. As I said the pieces must be cut larger to give extra for the seam allowances. For foundation piecing, the numbers show in which order the fabrics are sewn. This one is a 5x10 rectangle, but can be made smaller using 4x8. Good luck with it.

Name:  a diamond-1a.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  25.1 KB
    thanks, Gay
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Thank you. I’ll buy the download for More Quilts. Her pattern name was correct, U. L. S.2 My search just didn’t find it.

Wow, wow, wow. So beautiful.