Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lone Star Quilt top Question >

Lone Star Quilt top Question

Lone Star Quilt top Question

Old 03-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Power Poster

One of my early projects was a lone star. It took on a life on its own when I somehow turned the pieces and ended up with a different color graduation than planned. My center is just fine (I'm glad someone told me to be EXTREMELY careful with the bias edges.) BUT the edges are all over the place. It is still in a bin as a UFO. If you will tackle yours, I think I should pull mine out again too.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:05 PM

My BF (aka sister-in-heart) in VA just took a class on Lone Star quilts. They used a foundation fabric that had a grid on it that came from www.quiltsmart.com and she said the star went together beautifully. You cut rectangles and sew them in place. Don't understand quite how it works but I have ordered a set to try for myself. Also, one of her points got messed up because the printing of the grid lines was very light and hard to see. When she called the company about it, she said they apologized for the printing and offered to send her an entire new set of foundation pieces for free. She told them she just needed the one but did want to order another pattern. They then sent her that pattern free of charge along with a new panel to replace the one that she had problems with. She was blown away by their customer service! If you order, you might want to mention that the quilter from Virginia highly recommended them!