Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
long arm set ups under $5k >

long arm set ups under $5k

long arm set ups under $5k

Old 11-08-2023, 08:40 AM

Default long arm set ups under $5k

I'm researching what machine would be a good fit, budget has to be under $5k, luckily HQ has a good sale going on with 3 machines in that price range. But I am limited on local resources- the only shop local to me only has Bernina at prices over the top. So I am wondering what other options are out there in this price range?? I'm not finding alot online, especially since many prices are hidden online. Should there be another option I should look into? I will drive a bit if I have a goal. Any input is appreciated. Used is also a option , but nothing available locally!
Old 11-08-2023, 02:25 PM

The HQ Moxie is a great option.

You might also check what https://www.KathyQuilts.com has to offer with the Block Rocket, etc. They ship all over the world and have great customer service. I personally think HQ is better quality, but you might find something there you like.
Old 11-13-2023, 10:09 AM

When this landed in my inbox, I thought of your post.
Black Friday deals are starting to happen now
https://handiquilter.com/purplefrida...cid=3319ebfcdf
Old 11-13-2023, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by mbhoakct76 View Post
I'm researching what machine would be a good fit, budget has to be under $5k, luckily HQ has a good sale going on with 3 machines in that price range. But I am limited on local resources- the only shop local to me only has Bernina at prices over the top. So I am wondering what other options are out there in this price range?? I'm not finding alot online, especially since many prices are hidden online. Should there be another option I should look into? I will drive a bit if I have a goal. Any input is appreciated. Used is also an option , but nothing available locally!
look at Allbrands.com they have a recertified Qnique 15 for 2999.00 . I bought one of these about 6 mos ago and have had no isssues with it. You can pair it with a QZone frame queen size for 1399.00 and you would be under 5000.00. I had a SR2 frame which is the older version of the QZone frame. It’s a steel frame and holds up well. I have had my frame about 7 yrs. Started out with a brother 1600p which is only 9” harp and then moved up to 15” when they became more affordable.
Old 11-13-2023, 12:20 PM

I'm researching what machine would be a good fit, budget has to be under $5k, luckily HQ has a good sale going on with 3 machines in that price range. But I am limited on local resources- the only shop local to me only has Bernina at prices over the top. So I am wondering what other options are out there in this price range?? I'm not finding alot online, especially since many prices are hidden online. Should there be another option I should look into? I will drive a bit if I have a goal. Any input is appreciated. Used is also an option , but nothing available locally!
look at Allbrands.com they have a recertified Qnique 15 for 2999.00 . I bought one of these about 6 mos ago and have had no isssues with it. You can pair it with a QZone frame queen size for 1399.00 and you would be under 5000.00. I had a SR2 frame which is the older version of the QZone frame. It’s a steel frame and holds up well. I have had my frame about 7 yrs. Started out with a brother 1600p which is only 9” harp and then moved up to 15” when they became more affordable.
Old 11-13-2023, 09:42 PM

I have a Q'nique 21 that I purchased 5 years ago. It's made by Grace. It has a built in bobbin winder on it that I have never used. Why? Because many of the reviews talked about the bobbin winder failing. So I just bought a standalone bobbin winder; the machine works great! I also have Quilters Creative Touch Beginnings for computerized quilting, which is also supported by Grace. Together, they cost me about half as much as a HQ and Pro-stitcher.

Please note that I only do personal quilting on my set up, so can't tell you how it would stand up to using it for a business.

I also bought it from Allbrands. Grace does all the support no matter who you buy it from. And now there are lots of video's on how to your setup.

Another possibility is to buy a pre-owned long arm and frame. Just Google it!
Old 11-13-2023, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by quiltedsunshine View Post
The HQ Moxie is a great option.

You might also check what https://www.KathyQuilts.com has to offer with the Block Rocket, etc. They ship all over the world and have great customer service. I personally think HQ is better quality, but you might find something there you like.
I had an HQ16 that I loved and did my DH did the maintenance. But I wanted a bigger machine and couldn't justify the much higher price for a HQ set up. I am very happy with my Q'nique 21, made by Grace Frames. Block Rocket is same as Q'nique.

Old 11-16-2023, 02:23 PM

The Block Rockit has been discontinued according to Lynn with Kathy Quilts....they are now carrying Q'Nique only. The Q'nique and Block Rockit are the exact same machine. The Block Rockit came out about 6 months before the Grace Company came out with the Q'nique. I got one of the first Block Rockits offered and it's still running great.

David Hatten
Old 11-29-2023, 10:17 AM

Default Qnique16

I'm researching what machine would be a good fit, budget has to be under $5k, luckily HQ has a good sale going on with 3 machines in that price range. But I am limited on local resources- the only shop local to me only has Bernina at prices over the top. So I am wondering what other options are out there in this price range?? I'm not finding alot online, especially since many prices are hidden online. Should there be another option I should look into? I will drive a bit if I have a goal. Any input is appreciated. Used is also a option , but nothing available locally!

I just bought a recertified Qnique16xElite for approximately $3500 + tax with free shipping from Sewing Machines Plus. I then found a used queen sized Grace frame near me on Marketplace for $400. They have some other models of the 16x for less than that.