Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Longarm quilter wanted MN >

Longarm quilter wanted MN

Longarm quilter wanted MN

Old 08-07-2021, 08:54 PM

Default Where did you find this machine?

Originally Posted by sewingpup View Post
I got a used APQS Lucey...which is a basic 26 inch long arm with no computer .

I would love to find a used mid or long arm machine, but repeated searches in a variety of media turns up nothing. I have even called dealers who carry new machines to ask if they ever get trade ins, and I only got vague replies. How did you get so lucky as to find this, sewingpup?
Old 08-08-2021, 02:52 AM

I see pretty good deals on Craig's List and my other local sources, but I live in a pretty good area for that sort of thing.

I really prefer a long arm where you are moving the machine and not the quilt. Since I don't have the space for that, I have invested in a better table for my quilting. You should also look at the sit down style of machines as being more affordable and more space conscious and as being significant improvement from a standard home machine.

Longarm University has a sales section, being local I've had interactions with Cindy/them, but sales are individual and across the country:
https://www.longarmuniversity.com/MachinesForSale.html

Old 08-08-2021, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by LanieLady View Post
I would love to find a used mid or long arm machine, but repeated searches in a variety of media turns up nothing. I have even called dealers who carry new machines to ask if they ever get trade ins, and I only got vague replies. How did you get so lucky as to find this, sewingpup?
Actually, my machine was a "demo" machine. But it was listed on APQS.com They occasionally have "used" machines. More often they have "demo" machines which have been used at quilt shows, ect. There is a place on their website to sign up for emails from them. It seems that the demo machines are listed at least a couple of times a year. oh, and there is also a "forum" where machines for sale are sometimes listed by their owners but it is not very active now as most of the folks have switched to the facebook group which I do not do.

Last edited by sewingpup; 08-08-2021 at 04:57 AM. Reason: additional info