Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: longarm quilters on this board

Banned
    Is there a list somewhere that we can find all those on the board who do quilting for others? That would be very helpful.

Blog Entries
    there are topics asking who has long=arms, you could start there to find quilters. some people i think have done a little 'advertising' of their services, go to search and just type in long-arm quilters. a whole big list comes up with some of the people offering their services.

Banned
    A list by state would be nice, I agree. I quilt for hire, out of Arkansas.

I agree a list would be nice. I quilt for hire, out of Kansas.

I will for hire from Illinois also do retreats.

I quilt for hire from Illinois. sorry left out the word quilt..

Blog Entries
    I quilt for hire in Norman, Oklahoma.

Me, too, in Idaho

I am doing quilting in Montana.

I have a suggestion. If you would like, I will make up a book with all 50 states in it and also an international page. It could consist of your name, your forum name and your city and state. I could also indicate any specialty you might do, such as custom quilting. If everyone wants to send me a PM or just post on this page, I will make a "Long Arm for Hire" directory. Not sure how you would make it available to the members, however, if someone posts this question we could have them send me a PM. I could then give the member a few names in their general area (not necessarily their own state) and let the member send the LAQ a PM and ask whatever questions they might have. Giving out any additional information i.e., phone number or address, would be up to the LAQ. If there were somewhere I could do this on line, I would be glad to coordinate it. Thanks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkie
    I have a suggestion. If you would like, I will make up a book with all 50 states in it and also an international page. It could consist of your name, your forum name and your city and state. I could also indicate any specialty you might do, such as custom quilting. If everyone wants to send me a PM or just post on this page, I will make a "Long Arm for Hire" directory. Not sure how you would make it available to the members, however, if someone posts this question we could have them send me a PM. I could then give the member a few names in their general area (not necessarily their own state) and let the member send the LAQ a PM and ask whatever questions they might have. Giving out any additional information i.e., phone number or address, would be up to the LAQ. If there were somewhere I could do this on line, I would be glad to coordinate it. Thanks
    Wow--thanks!! This would be so useful for everyone.

I quilt for hire in Indiana. I also teach long arm quilting.

I am a Long-arm quilter in Ohio.

Good question! I quilt for hire in Oregon and would welcome getting my name out.

I longarm quilt for hire in Virginia

I'm located in Vermont. I do much of my business via US Postal Service :thumbup: www.thequilteddove.com

Here's a few samples of my customer's quilts
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is this going anywhere? /seems like I saw another thread on this board with the same topic?

Nice work, the quilt dove! I'm sure you all do wonderful work, as well! This list will be very helpful! Thank you, twinkie! (Love your board name.)

On the old style forum there was a list of LAQ's for hire. I can't find it now. Can someone point me in the right direction? This thread is as close as I could find.

Quote Originally Posted by damaquilts View Post
    On the old style forum there was a list of LAQ's for hire. I can't find it now. Can someone point me in the right direction? This thread is as close as I could find.
    There were people looking for this list recently. I remember seeing a post from Patrice saying that it didnt' make the move and she would update soon. If you have any questions, I would PM her and ask. Could be she will update after the holidays.
    Beth in AZ
    www.bzyqltr.blogspot.com
    Innova 22' with Lightning Stitch and Pantovision
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

Thank you Beth I will keep my eye out for it.

Blog Entries
    That is a super idea. Do it here on the board. That way we can not only see it, but print out the state we want and it can easily be kept up to date. Super!

One way you could look up Longarmers now, go to Pictures.
    When the title says.... quilted by.... this is probably a LA'r posting pics of his or her work.
    When you see this post, go to the profile of this person, then you can look at all the work they have put on the board under FIND LATEST THREADS.
    An easy way to shop for a LA'r.

I'm from Wisconsin, and have a website and I'm on Facebook. Many of us don't just post pics of our work on here as it would overload the site. LOL. But we post on blogs, websites and facebook. This would be a great time to have Pinterest and Pin these quilters sites. Easier to keep track of them.
    This site is for us to post pics of our quilts, the ones we make and to give everyone ideas in the art of quilting. I enjoy this so much, because I not only LA, I'm a quilter!

Yesterday, I made snowman pillowcases for my 6 grandchildren. I have a couple left to finish up. An early Christmas gift so they can enjoy them now before the snow hits us!

Enjoy
    Enjoy The Art!
    Sue ~Only Adding to the beauty you have already created~
    http://suezquilts.com/ http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Sue...45597315486041

Long arm quilter here for hire as well, from Ohio
    katz

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisqlt View Post
    I longarm quilt for hire in Virginia
    Where are you in Va and also do you teach. I live in Norfolk and would love to learn just for myself. I have a small frame only large enough for crib size and a Mega quilter but havn't done anything with it. There aren't any places around here that teach it.
    Judy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast