Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Longarm rulers >

Longarm rulers

Longarm rulers

Old 09-26-2013, 11:23 AM

Default Longarm rulers

What are your favorite rulers & online companies to work with for rulers & templates for longarm work?
Thanks
Old 09-26-2013, 11:34 AM
Power Poster

I use my 6" straight more than anything. But it has been discontinued by the manufacturer. Many Template manufacturers make a simple 6" straight with laser etched reference markings at 1/4 increments.

Next I use circle templates. Again mine have been discontinued but Handiquilter makes some nice ones. I like them to be marked at 45 degree intervals and again have half the circle marked with 1/4" spacing lines. Be advised that most manufactureres that sell circles do not account for the 1/4 hopping foot. So circles marketed at 2" for example, will quilt out at 2 1/2". There are some that the template accounts for and you will quilt out a true 2" circle (the template will only measure 1 1/2"

Next I use Rhonda's crescent (medium but I have the small and large too) and S rulers (I have medium and small) for curved cross hatching.

You can get rulers from a few different suppliers. The prices are usually the same. I like Quilters Rule and Erica's

These are the basics that I turn to regularly.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:48 PM

Same here. I've got a SID ruler (that's not being made anymore) that's fantastic, and I love my two ovals. Circles are on my wishlist. To be honest, I've always bought my rulers at shows. I like when I can see them demonstrated in person.

Last edited by cindi; 09-26-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:19 PM
Power Poster

I like the Gadget Girls for rulers:

https://www.thegadgetgirls.com/index.php

I like my straight line/ clam shell/ Rope/ and circle set. There are so many to choose from and different quilts like different patterns so I have a collection. These I use the most.
peace
Old 09-26-2013, 03:18 PM

My most used LA ruler was the Versatool by HandiQuilter. HQ has a great line of rulers. Since I don't use them much I am still cautious about buying any more. Maybe that is because I have the computer capability with the ProStitcher.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:45 PM
Power Poster

All mine are from Quilters rule. I am going to check out handiquilters!
Old 09-29-2013, 04:33 AM

Okay.... I'm a ruler addict. I have a friend who is also a ruler addict... she has bought some really cool ones from Quilter's Apothecary - she loves the handles - http://www.quiltersapothecary.com/qu...ry/Rulers.html
And also Dusty's rulers... http://stores.cscountrystitchin.com/...Categories.bok
and
http://www.quiltersrule.com/template...tyFarrell.html

I have a sit down machine. I did buy a bunch of rulers (circles, the HQ Versa Tool and a longer straight ruler) which of course I haven't used yet. I plan to soon....
Old 09-29-2013, 04:54 AM

hmmm.. this is an interesting thread. I would like to hear more about those who use them with their regular sewing machines or a sit down HQ sweetsixteen