Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LongArmers...Stitch Regulator or No?

I have an HQ16 with the stitch regulator. It is great. As IO get tired my stitches stay nice and even not changing size. I know that at least for this machine you can add the stitch regulator and yes it is pricy but weorth it.

I bought my Fun Quilter with a SR. I find it extremely useful for ruler & template work, or SID and outlining. But I'm more comfortable without it for free motion, pantographs, etc. I would always have one, but not always use one.

This was very interesting info I have the stitch regulor but have days when I want to throw it out the window mine seems so touchy . I am going to try quilting without it and see if i like that better. I know i need to relax more but it makes me so nerves and uptight.Just need to practice more and get more comfortable with the machine. thanks for the info .mkay

seemingly in the land of infants & toddlers!
    Quote Originally Posted by candlequilter
    I have a stitch regulator on mine. It is great but I do have to be careful when I first push the button to start stitching to be sure to wait until I hear the beep before I start moving the machine otherwise my first stitch will be to long but that is the only one. When I turn off the stitch regulator and start stitching manually it is a wake up call to me as to how helpful the stitch regulator really is.
    *When I turn off the stitch regulator...' Amen, sister!!!
    'nuf said

The stitch regular being standard on the Innova was one of the main reasons I it. I had previously worked on a non-
    regulated machine and did not want to buy a new without SR.
    I love it. A friend of mine purchased a used Gammill and
    found out to add a stitch regular, it would cost over 4500
    which was more than the used machine cost her. She was very unhappy.

Connie, Ks

I unhooked my stitch regulator as it wasn't working properly. Some days I wish I had one on but I just have to relax and take my time.

I have a Freedom and have used it both ways, but really do like with the stitch regulator more.

I have a stitch regulator that has given me nothing but problems. I finally took it off my machine and I work without it. Infinitely better for me. $600. for a piece of junk that I had to send back to the manufacturer three times. The dealer moved to Phoenix and I am in California soI had no recourse there either.

I couldn't live without the stitch regulator on my Gammill long arm machine!

I bought a used one without it and have done just fine. This was even a stretch for my budget. I was just grateful to have it.

i have used a stitch regulator but quilt much better without it. I have quilted on a domestic sewing machine all my life and was proficient at that before i did anything on the longarm. that may have something to do with it.
    I think you have to try machines with it on and with it off and see how you do.

I have used a longarm machine without a stitch regulator. After making several quilts on the machine my friend got a machine with a stitch regulator. I know have a long arm and I got a stitch regulator on it. I found it is more relaxing to have a stitch regulator. I feel it is worth the money. Several quilters I know who have LA without them wish they had regulaters.

Quote Originally Posted by candlequilter
    I have a stitch regulator on mine. It is great but I do have to be careful when I first push the button to start stitching to be sure to wait until I hear the beep before I start moving the machine otherwise my first stitch will be to long but that is the only one. When I turn off the stitch regulator and start stitching manually it is a wake up call to me as to how helpful the stitch regulator really is.
    I love my stitch reg. When it didn't work, and I only had manual, I did OK. But, when the SR was fixed, it made a world of difference for intricate stitching. Honestly, it's really worth a lot to be able to maneuver tight places with the control you get from being able to go slowly.
    Cynthia

My first machine was a short arm, old Singer head, and had no stitch regulator. So when I bought my mid arm I didn't even consider a stitch regulator because I out sew them, and I had enough practice to keep my stitches fairly even. Another reason is the cost of the machine. I can see where they would be nice to have, but they don't guarantee even stitches! I think you need to decide is this a business or are you doing it mostly for yourself and don't expect to do it full time. I would suggest that you try all the machines with and without the stitch regulator and see for yourself how the different machines feel.

My mother has a LA machine; her's doesn't have the stitch regulator. I just several times each year. If you've never used a stitch regulator how would you know if it's good or not? I find that concentration on what you are doing makes a big difference too.

Hi there...I have had the long arm for over a year now and I woulldn't want to even think what things would look like without the regulator. Some girls say that there is more satisfaction without the regulator but not for me...I can concentrate on the pattern and not worry about my stitches this way..

I have a stitch regulator on my Berninia, so I do know how they work. I do most of my small projects on the Bernina, and very seldom do I use the stitch regulator

[quote=stormatsea45]I have a stitch regulator on my Berninia, so I do know how they work. I do most of my small projects on the Bernina, and very seldom do I use the stitch regulator[/quote

The stitch regulator on long arms are different.

I'm sorry I entered into this discussion. I know that all stitch regulators are not created equal, so that is why I said in my first entry that one should try several machines, long, mid arm machines out to see what they like best.
    Please forgive me, I guess I don't know what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    Okay -- that does it. I KNOW my stitch regulator doesn't work!!!! My stitches vary even when going changing the speed just a little bit. I'm going to see what I can do about that!!!
    Which longarm to you have and how long have you had it?

Can I use a stitch regulator with my janome 11000, does any one know,Thanks. :roll:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2