Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The Longest Yard Sale!! >

The Longest Yard Sale!!

The Longest Yard Sale!!

Old 08-05-2011, 07:35 AM

I've heard about this event. I will put it on my list of things to do in the future.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:50 AM

Dang! Wish they had some thing like that in Wa State!. Haven't been to a good yard sale in ages. Have a great day and those of you who will be going ,, ,hope you find all kinds of quilting stuff. Huggies, Fay
Old 08-05-2011, 03:32 PM

I'm near the northern most end of the sale...Hudson is about 20 miles from me. I could start at the top and work my way down...LOL. I know I couldn find lots of good stuff, but I have no truck or trailer or handyman to bring along.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:42 PM

We have been a few times, but the prices are crazy! I haven't really ever found "yard sale" prices, more like festival vendor prices...for their used household stuff? Ugh Oh yea, and parking and driving is nightmare-ish..probably because KY roads are notoriously bad?? lol
Old 08-06-2011, 06:13 AM

We went a couple of years ago and it was so dang hot we didn't feel much like shopping and a lot of the vendors were leaving too. I suspect this year may be much like it, unless folks are desperate for money in these tight times.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:18 AM

I went last year with a girlfriend of mine. I too found prices high and it was a nightmare to drive. I am in KY and 127 is around the corner from me. I might convince my husband to come with me to one at a church nearby though.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingJaguar
Oh I would love to go but would have to take a tractor trailer with me to fill and tons of cash too. I think that would be the MOST fun anyone of us could have yeah!!
However I am in FL and not near that 127 mile sale wish they would do one here.
Check out Peaches to the Beaches... goes thru Ga from
Savannah. Did that one last year. It was fun. I don't remember the dates, but I found it originally on Google.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:17 PM

Just got in at 3 AM this morning from the 127 sale. We stayed in Chattanooga with my SIL's sister. Ranged North on Thurs around Dunlap. We found the best restaurant in Dunlap for lunch -- The Blue Orchid Bistro. If anyone is ever passing thru (or lives nearby) -- prices reasonable, quaint, with great food.

On Friday we shopped Signal Mountain (still north of Chattanooga). Saturday worked our way south thru Mentone. Then drove straight thru home.

We didn't find a lot of cool stuff and bought very little except for fabric. I did get a whole bunch -- over 60 yards plus a huge bag of scrappies from a quilting person and spent less than $30.

I also stopped by the newly reopened Sew Bee It at Ringgold, Ga. Really great that they were able to rebuild and reopen only 98 days after being demolished by the recent tornado.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:18 PM

Sure do wish I was close enough to go........
Old 08-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Momma_K
Hey Everyone!! Just wondering if anyone has been or plan on going? I wanted to go but so much going on today...maybe tomorrow!! Have fun if you go and ...uh...pick me up something!! HA! :XD: :thumbup:
I have been there and done that and if I wasnt so sick I would be going there again!!!! I love to see what is strode out there and your right sometimes the prices are kinda high but for what I am looking for I can always get some really good deals!

Billy