Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for a circle cutter >

Looking for a circle cutter

Looking for a circle cutter

Old 01-24-2012, 05:14 AM

Thanks for your replies, especially deemail. I bought this ruler on sale several years ago when I went on a Shop Hop. Since I didn't need it at the time, I put it away and totally forgot I had it. I'll have to dig it out of my ruler pile and try it out.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by deemail View Post
http://www.missouriquiltco.com/easy-...-hultgren.html
here is the one i use and i love that i can have so many sizes... you do need to purchase a 28mm rotary cutter to get into the little grooves, but i find that this makes a very accurate circle... so if you cut several of one size, they will all match...
That's the one I have and I love it, just bought it a few months ago and have made 3 quilts using the circles already ... I can see lots more in my future too. It's really easy and simple to use, you can make full circles cutting on the fold, or half circles using the second cutting line.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:19 AM

I use Accuquilt die cutter...cuts them in seconds. I love it...the only dies I am not thrilled with is the squares. I have seem to get them cut right. But so worth it for strips, tumblers and circles - I have a ton of dies but many I have not used...but those three I mentioned I used all the time
Old 09-09-2012, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by spiffy View Post
I love making quilts and decoupage quilted floor cloths that feature circles. I bought an Olfa circle cutter, but this only lasted through one quilt before a small plastic piece broke and it is no longer useable. I've been looking online for a reliable circle cutter and the one that seems to get the best reviews is the EK Success Circle Scissor Pro.

Does anyone have one of these? Does it work well and hold up? If not, what circle cutter do you have that works for you? I'd love to get an Accuquilt, but just can't justify spending that kind of money for the use I'd get out of it.

Any help or opinions on circle cutters would be appreicated.
all of these are for paper! no one has made a good one for fabric. I tried them all.