Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for directions on a block

Super Member citruscountyquilter's Avatar

Looking for directions on a block

I had directions for a block and can't find them and hoping someone knows where I can get them. It was for taking two squares of fabric and sewing them right sides together. You left a 2 inch section open at opposing corners and then cut the square into sections and from that you had pieces that you reassembled into a finished block. Hoping this makes sense. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by citruscountyquilter View Post
    I had directions for a block and can't find them and hoping someone knows where I can get them. It was for taking two squares of fabric and sewing them right sides together. You left a 2 inch section open at opposing corners and then cut the square into sections and from that you had pieces that you reassembled into a finished block. Hoping this makes sense. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

It is called the Anita's Arrowhead block. Fun to make!

Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

Thank you, thank you. I can start breathing again and stop beating myself up.

Thank you very much.

Never seen this before. Thanks for sharing.

I haven't seen this one before.

I have all the blocks made for this quilt but have not put them together yet. Had a lot of fun doing it.

New to me. Thanks for the link, looks like fun!

Blog Entries
    This is also known as the Amazing Three Cut block. It is so easy to do and fun to create. I have done it with and without sashing between the blocks. Also all blocks the same color forms a secondary pattern once assembled. Or it can be done scrappy. This is a really cute, fast, and fun block for those last minute baby shower gifts too!

Blog Entries
    This board is awesome. I have made this block before, but never had printed directions. Thanks for the link!!

Blog Entries
    Love the look of this. Saved it to my never ending file. Might do this one next, just for fun.Thanks for the link.
    sew1

Thank you so much for asking about this block and thank you to for answering. It never fails--I learn from this forum everyday! Can't wait to try this block as it looks so fun.

Aha! I have seen pictures of quilts made from this block and couldn't figure out how it was done. It looks exactly as if someone made a D4P and then cut off the corners, but that would seem pretty wasteful. I guess if you made the D4P big enough, you'd have useable pieces from the offcuts, maybe to make the border on the quilt. I'm just wondering if that approach might be easier yet.

It should be noted that either way, the edges will be bias and you'll want to use lots of starch to keep them under control
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

I just saw that block today on Quilt n Kaboodle but I don't know what it's called. Looks like a lot of fun and easy to cut
    Creativity is the essence of the soul
    Sandi

Blog Entries
    I really like this block. I was looking for an easy project to work on while doing a difficult one. I am starting a wicked bargello and will need something to work on with it for a rest quilt that doesn't require so much thinking. Some days I like a difficult project some days I just need mindless sewing. Thanks for pointing me to this pattern.

Here's a tute for something similar - http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...ck-t92447.html
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

Another interesting block/patter to add to my "free pattern " collection. It looks hard to do but I quess like all patterns read and do one step at a time. Thanks for the word of encouragement for it to be easy.
    "In the crazy quilt of life, I'm glad you are in my block of friends."