Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for discount fabric shops W Central PA >

Looking for discount fabric shops W Central PA

Looking for discount fabric shops W Central PA

Old 05-21-2020, 12:05 PM

Default Looking for discount fabric shops W Central PA

I am getting ready to move from hot Arizona to West Central PA (Indiana County). We have "fabric undertakers" here in the Phoenix area (discount fabrics that are overstocked, discontinued, etc) that I get name brand quilting fabric for $4/yard. Looking for some place like that in Central or Western PA. I know of one in Delaware, but looking for something within a couple hour drive from where I will be living (2 hours E of Pittsburgh). Will also be looking for a guild or just some quilting buddies in the area. My husband's aunt who quilts will be 3.5 miles away.

I will be living in Cherry Tree, but not opposed to driving to Northern Cambria, Ebensburg, Altoona or Indiana for some quality sewing time with others.
Old 05-22-2020, 03:27 AM
Power Poster

Good luck with the move. This link is for Laura A Cunningham, a quilt teacher who came to our guild. https://lauraacunningham.com/
She's a great gal and most helpful. She's about 3 hours eat of Pittsburgh. He contact phone number is on her site. I'm sure she can direct you to guilds and other resources.