Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a fabric

Looking for a fabric

Hi, I saw a small quilt today at a craft show and I fell in love with the fabric. I couldn't get it out of the vender where she may have gotten it so I'd like to ask if anyone here might have seen it. It was cotton ( of course) white background with purple and yellow pansy's which were in a square bordered by green.

I'd also appreciate some fabric sites. I had my computer cleaned out about a year ago and lost all the ones I had. She had just done an embroidery or fancy stitch on the green lines to make it look quilted.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Blog Entries
    Any chance it is this one?
    http://allegrofabrics.com/item_5483/...s-on-White.htm

If not, I suggest Googling fabric purple pink pansies white background, then click on "images" and see if you can spot a photo of it.

Oops. I Googled daisies instead of pansies. Maybe this one?
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/10429970...rs-purple-pink
    Or this:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/63469019...yellow-pansies
    Or this:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/94452389...rs-purple-pink
    Last edited by Prism99; 03-24-2013 at 09:40 PM.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    fabricdepot.com has everything!
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

This is a bit off topic here, but why is it that some people refuse to share info on where they have gotten their fabric? For example, I know a few quilters on facebook and occasionally I will ask where they were able to find certain fabrics and they always avoid answering me for some reason. Id be happy to share when I score a good fabric.

Cindy, check the new Quilting Keepsakes catalog. Think I saw some purple/pansy fabric there.

Doxiemomma, I would imagine those folks are like the ones that won't share their recipes. Guess it makes them feel "special".

Blog Entries
    It those not on this site because they won't share quilting ideas
    Finished is better than a UFO

I used to make a lot of my own cloths and was always asked where I got an outfit. I always told them where they could buy the fabric and pattern. If asked about a fabric in a quilt if I can remember where I got it I will share.

I think Marcus Brothers puts out a lot of pansy fabric. You might check out their fabric lines.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

I tried all the above mentioned sites........no luck. Its like looking for a needle in a hay stack. Appreciate your input. Thank you all.

Blog Entries
    I saw this on MSQC yesterday. Maybe it is what you are looking for. www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/detail/11590. It's so beautiful. I'm going to order some for myself. Sorry can't resist. Hope you find the one you are looking for. Frustrating when you know it's out there & can't find it. Vonda
    Vonda-Texas MiMi of 4 Beautiful Grandbabies

is it possible that the green square was sashing, and not part of the fabric?

Quote Originally Posted by vondae View Post
    I saw this on MSQC yesterday. Maybe it is what you are looking for. www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/detail/11590. It's so beautiful. I'm going to order some for myself. Sorry can't resist. Hope you find the one you are looking for. Frustrating when you know it's out there & can't find it. Vonda
    If it's not it should be! That's gorgeous!

try www.quiltshops.com, a place to shop for fabric from an array of quilt shops....good luck hope you find your fabric....

No, nothing from Missouriquilt. Thanks for keeping me in mind.

I was showing a quilt that I just finished that featured embroidery - someone wanted to know where I got the designs. Unfortunately I did the embroidery 40 years ago and really had no idea where any of it came from!!

That is lovely fabric!

I found this, which is a finished pillowcase, not yardage, but the seller says that she also has many of her items' fabrics available too. If this is the fabric you might be able to get some from her...

Who knew there was this much pansy fabric out there?

Alison

With the flowers bordered in green, I wonder if it might have been either a panel or border stripe. http://www.tranquilityquilts.com/cgi...d=1#99101-726S

@ alison: Yes! There is some GORGEOUS pansy fabric out there! (see link below)
    Cindy: I posted this for you, but it got moved to the resources board because of the seller reference:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/links-r...c-t217464.html

peaceandjoy, yes it was one piece of fabric, no stripe. It could have been a panel, I'm not sure. I really wish I'd I'd stop over thinking a purchase. I really don't need it but now I can't get my mind off of it! lol I should have just bought the dang thing! I am working on finding the vender though, maybe I'll get lucky.

I haven't found the fabric yet but I found the seller and now own the lap quilt that I saw at the craft show! I'm very pleased I got it! Thanks again to everyone who answered and tried to help.
    Even though it isn't really "quilted" I may post a picture of it. Is it ok to do that?

Oh my goodness Vonda, that is beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by CindyinNY View Post
    I haven't found the fabric yet but I found the seller and now own the lap quilt that I saw at the craft show! I'm very pleased I got it! Thanks again to everyone who answered and tried to help.
    Even though it isn't really "quilted" I may post a picture of it. Is it ok to do that?
    I'd love to see a picture of it!

Blog Entries
    Good luck with your search. Unfortunately I haven't got a clue about the fabric. How snarky of her to not share. I can see if someone doesn't remember. Just yesterday a friend asked me where I got 2 fabrics. I still have yardage of one, so I read right off the edge who made it. Haven't got a clue where I got the material. I go to shop hops twice a year. So, I can narrow it down to 1 or 2 of ~25 different shops!!!
    Go forth and sew!

I think you are looking for Robert Kaufman's Pretty as a Pansy. There are several fabrics but the piece with the white background, purple and yellow pansies and the green border is currently listed on ebay. Search for "Kaufman Pansy." I have some of this fabric if you want me to send you a picture.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast