Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for fat quarters >

Looking for fat quarters

Looking for fat quarters

Old 06-23-2019, 05:47 PM

Try Tuesday Morning. Mine is carrying more and more name brand fat quarter bundles, charm packs, and jelly rolls at very reasonable prices.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:10 AM
Power Poster

I was going to say fatquartershop.com but, Walmart has individual fat quarters too. I have bought from many of my local quilt shops. They have bins of them. But, my favorite is to get them when I go to the quilt shows.

I just remembered that quiltinaday.com and I think nancysnotions,com and shabbychic.com also should have some.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 06-24-2019 at 09:16 AM.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:53 AM

I would look in Walmart if you just need a few. Ordering one or two online from various places will cost a fortune in shipping charges.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:28 AM
Power Poster

Whenever my husband and I go out of town I browse quilt shops and they have a lot of FQ's for individual sale.
I haven't bought any online I don't think.
Old 06-25-2019, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Crispy_Frog View Post
Try Tuesday Morning. Mine is carrying more and more name brand fat quarter bundles, charm packs, and jelly rolls at very reasonable prices.
Wait -- Tuesday Morning has fabric? I have two close to thrift stores I go to regularly but have never dropped in. One more temptation placed in my path!!!
Old 06-28-2019, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
Lots of places! I did some quick searches, Hobby Lobby for one sells individual fat quarters. But shipping costs would be an issue I think as is personnel cost from the business side so you are more likely to find bundles. Depends on how badly you want that particular fat quarter.

For online buys I usually go to equilter, check out their stash bundles too.
https://www.equilter.com/category/22/pre-cuts
https://www.equilter.com/category/38...se-scrap-packs

We all have our favorite stores, but after equilter, typically I check Amazon. Just never know what you are going to find!
Thank you so much for the review of equilter.com. I need kid prints for charity quilts and just got my order today of the scraps bundles per pound. I am so happy to find such a great variety of prints in both the boys and girls bundles.

I will order more from equilter as needed for the gift quilts.
Old 06-28-2019, 09:36 AM

I'm glad you were happy with your order, Farmquilter, I've always felt they've done right by me. I've gotten a couple of their stash bundles and particularly enjoyed the black and white one. I've bought yardage multiple times, never a problem, always fast.

BTW, I went to Tuesday Morning on Tuesday afternoon after my quilt group. After discussing the size needed for the preemie quilt I'm making with a precut strip set I got from Walmart for $1 in their fabric sales, I realized I'd be happier with two sets. So after group I went to the next closest Walmart -- very little on sale and not what I wanted. Went to the next Walmart in the next town over, only 2nd time I've been there and it is mostly a grocery store. One of the Tuesday Mornings is just maybe a mile past the Walmart, figured I go just because of this thread.

I found a small but nice selection in terms of quality and variety of precuts. Mostly layer cake size and some bundles. And... a package of the exact precut I was hoping to find at Walmart!

Ok, so it was $3.50 and not $1.00 but that's still half off the MSRP, as were all the precuts.
Old 07-01-2019, 01:38 AM

Tuesday morning is good for finding unusual stuff, you never what you could find. I found a few quilt kits. (price good) but they do have fat quarters.