Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for free online I Spy quilt pattern that has hexagons and makes stars?

I am making an I-Spy quilt for my grand daughter, different pattern, and now I am intrigued with I Spy Quilts. I saw quilts made with hexagons and then put together with solid triangles so there is a star pattern. It doesn't look that hard but I wonder if there is a tute or a free pattern online. I would like to make this pattern with the left over I Spy prints that I am using for my grand daughter's quilt. Thanks!

My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
    Blog Entries
    wow.. will be watching to see if this can be found. I use quilt patis, don't think they are available anymore but really like using the for hand sewing on the go.. thanks for posting !

I think it is just a matter of making a "snowball block" but only putting the pieces on two opposite corners instead of on all four. Play around with some scrap and see what comes of it. I have seen this pattern somewhere but can't think of the actual name. Something "star" I think.

I Spy quilts are fun to do and the children LOVE them

Blog Entries

Does anyone know if there is a current I Spy swap going on for squares of different prints? It would be nice to have a greater variety of prints. I noticed there apparently was a swap 2010 for I spy squares.

Yes just like this where the I spy fabric shape is a Hexagon. $7 and free shipping is not bad. Has anyone used this pattern and templates from this seller?

Quote Originally Posted by LoriEl

Quote Originally Posted by CoriAmD
    I think it is just a matter of making a "snowball block" but only putting the pieces on two opposite corners instead of on all four. Play around with some scrap and see what comes of it. I have seen this pattern somewhere but can't think of the actual name. Something "star" I think.
    Thanks! I like this pattern too but the star is a little more on a slant then the one I was looking for. This would be a faster way and looks easier. I think quilter's cache might have this pattern as Shooting Star?

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:5ArvpKlVFIcJ:www.quilterscache.com/S/ShootingStarBlock.html+quilter's+cache+shooting+st ar&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

Is this what you are looking for? If so, I have the pattern book I would be willing to trade for a couple of fat quarters or you can have it for the cost of postage.

Send me a PM if you are interested. The name of the pattern is "Look What I See Quilts" by Pat Yamin.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is so sweet of you! I will pm you.

Quote Originally Posted by oatw13
    Is this what you are looking for? If so, I have the pattern book I would be willing to trade for a couple of fat quarters or you can have it for the cost of postage.

Send me a PM if you are interested. The name of the pattern is "Look What I See Quilts" by Pat Yamin.

Blog Entries
    I played with the idea and figured it out but today I found a free download in ConnectingThreads.com. It's called "Fresh Produce Hesagon Quilt". Templates and all.

Blog Entries
    If you Google I Spy you will find the pattern. Also check Marti Michel she has a tute you can watch. That's where I got my from . I posted a picture awhile back of the one I made.

I downloaded the one from Connecting Threads. Thanks for the tip!