Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for New York Yankees cotton fabric

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    I am looking for new york yankees cotton fabric and have not been able to find any sites with that fabric---any help would be appriciated

Here ya go I found some for ya! Its only 75.00 a YARD! http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-NY-New-York...item5638b844bb

Oh my, $75.00 a yard??

I would love to have some Yankees fabric too (but not at $75/yd). Cajunquilter, if you find a source, please share.
    Thanks!

Cindy

OMG!!!! Thanks for looking for me but I don't think I can justify thay kind of money.

I found this at Bear Paw Quilting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
    OMG!!!! Thanks for looking for me but I don't think I can justify thay kind of money.
    They only printed so much, and now it is out of print....so whoever stashed away some is now selling it at premium. My DH paid $45 a yard for Boston Red Sox cotton, and I about shot him!!!! :thumbdown: :? :twisted: :lol:

I was able to find a pillow case for yankees for $12 so am gonna use that as a starting point and create from there.
    Thanks for checking for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston1954
    I found this at Bear Paw Quilting.
    thanks boston i will have to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    They only printed so much, and now it is out of print....so whoever stashed away some is now selling it at premium. My DH paid $45 a yard for Boston Red Sox cotton, and I about shot him!!!! :thumbdown: :? :twisted: :lol:
    Ah, but the Red Sox are worth it. :lol:

Several years ago, MLB removed the licensing from baseball team fabrics-- now you can only get the fleece with the teams and logos on it. If you find any baseball team cotton, it is old, out of print and sky high in price. Good luck. I did find some red sox fabric a few years ago and have about a 6 inch scrap of it left. Not selling though.
    Cheryl

I think a lot of us would like to have yankee cotton.....I have seen fleece and flannel....I guess it would be easier to buy old t-shirts and go from there :cry:

Quote Originally Posted by pam1966
    Funny, I was going to reply "For the Red Sox???" (incredulous tone implied). :-D

I was looking for Mets fabric last Dec. Ended up using the colors and some baseball fabric.

Just thought- what about some shirts and cut them up?

Quote Originally Posted by IrishNY
    Quote Originally Posted by pam1966
    Funny, I was going to reply "For the Red Sox???" (incredulous tone implied). :-D
    Hey, but we both love to quilt! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Well, I didn't stay miffed for long, because then he bought some Angels fabric and made a quilt for my mom, who is 85 and an avid Angels fan, besides also being a quilter. We had a blast with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rismstress
    Several years ago, MLB removed the licensing from baseball team fabrics-- now you can only get the fleece with the teams and logos on it. If you find any baseball team cotton, it is old, out of print and sky high in price. Good luck. I did find some red sox fabric a few years ago and have about a 6 inch scrap of it left. Not selling though.
    Cheryl
    I found Red Sox and Yankees cotton at Walmart at $5.50 per yard. I think it was made by Fabric Traditions and I purchased the Red Sox within the last 9 months. I also purchased two different color ways of NE Patriot fabric. So, it is out there.

Diane

I am looking for new york yankees cotton fabric and have not been able to find any sites with that fabric---any help would be appriciated
    I wasn't able to find NYY fabric in cotton material at a reasonable price so ended up buying iron-on logos and will buy solid blue fabric and iron on the decals.........only want to make window valances and think this will give just the look that I want/need.

You can get a valance at Target, just saw one on-line.

Here is another option:

Buy these embroidered quilt blocks and use them in the quilt. I did this with the Bruin's logo and the picture is below. They carry all the teams. The embroidery is nice and soft and mine came on white muslin.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-YORK-YANKEES...item58885a5f86

Bruins quilt with embroidered logos
    Name:  Attachment-161046.jpe
Views: 1299
Size:  53.6 KB

If you look for "licensed fabrics" you might have some luck. Looking under "sports fabric" might also help.

Looking for New York Mets cotton fabric. Bought some one ebay and when it arrived, not noticing the fold line was faded, had to work around the fat quarter/ J

Thank you to all on my request to find New York Yankee fabric. I will have to admit some of your suggestions never occurred to me but you can be sure I'm on it starting today and am sure I'll find what I needs. Many thanks.