Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for 'out of print' fabric >

Looking for 'out of print' fabric

Looking for 'out of print' fabric

Old 05-01-2022, 09:24 AM

Default Looking for 'out of print' fabric

Hi all,
I am sure this has been addressed before, but i am not having success in my searches. Is there a place(s) that sells out of date fabrics? I am looking for some fabric (Bunny Hill Windsor Lane Sky) and have looked at Etsy, eBay and all the shops I could find on google.
Thanks,
Trish
Old 05-01-2022, 09:39 AM

Is this it? My browser shows site not secure, but perhaps a phone call would be in order.

http://www.jbquilting.com/shop/Fabri...-x13625312.htm

As a FYI, when I can no longer find an out of print fabric, I find another line from the same manufacturer/designer ( such as French General, Lori Holt etc) and choose a color and print from that line to use. I have found that a red, blue, green, etc is generally the same along each designer and makes substitutions much easier.
Old 05-01-2022, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by tallchick View Post
Is this it? My browser shows site not secure, but perhaps a phone call would be in order.

http://www.jbquilting.com/shop/Fabri...-x13625312.htm

As a FYI, when I can no longer find an out of print fabric, I find another line from the same manufacturer/designer ( such as French General, Lori Holt etc) and choose a color and print from that line to use. I have found that a red, blue, green, etc is generally the same along each designer and makes substitutions much easier.
That is a fabric in the same colour pathway and line but it is not the one I am looking for. Thanks for responding! I will likely go with a kona solid to blend if need be. Not the end of the world! Making a bed runner using Jenny Doan's recent tutorial Block Lotto Bird Block tutorial. It is pretty scrappy but that fabric i am looking for is the perfect sky and I am going to run out. I am sure I can find a solid or a blender to complement it, but if I could buy some, I definitely would.
Old 05-01-2022, 02:50 PM

If you posted a picture of the fabric, it would be a big help. Also, there is a website called missingfabrics.com. I have never used it but others here have had good luck finding OOP fabrics there.
Old 05-01-2022, 03:47 PM

The easiest, fastest way to find a fabric that is out of print is not to go to specific individual sites, but to find out what the sku is and go a Google search for that sku. That way you're able to search the entire internet.

I went to Moda's website and found Bunny Hill and the line Windsor Lane, but the entire colorway is called Sky. You don't state which specific fabric you're looking for, so my search has ended. But you can look here at the line. Find the print you want, then do a search for that sku, for example "Moda Bunny Hill 2841-17". You *might* find it. I will add that the line is from 2012, so it's highly unlikely, but I wish you luck!
Old 05-01-2022, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
If you posted a picture of the fabric, it would be a big help. Also, there is a website called missingfabrics.com. I have never used it but others here have had good luck finding OOP fabrics there.
Here is a picture.
Attached Thumbnails sky.jpg  
Old 05-02-2022, 04:57 AM

There is a fat quarter bundle of the entire Windsor Lane fabric line by Bunny Hill for Moda available on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/33379568624...wAAOSwXfJft0Mj

Not sure you want to but 38 fat quarters you don’t want just to get 1 fat quarter (if that is even enough).
Old 05-02-2022, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by SuzSLO View Post
There is a fat quarter bundle of the entire Windsor Lane fabric line by Bunny Hill for Moda available on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/33379568624...wAAOSwXfJft0Mj

Not sure you want to but 38 fat quarters you don’t want just to get 1 fat quarter (if that is even enough).
Thanks! I will have a look!