Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Looking for Pattern Christmas Ribbon

Quote Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
    Maybe https://www.quiltingcompany.com/stor...igital-pattern

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
    Janey, you are so talented at finding things. I'm envious.

bkay

Way to go! Glad you were able to find the picture and Janey found the pattern! I think the quilt is cool.
    Betty

A quilt will warm your body and comfort your soul.

http://notesfrommoosehaven.blogspot.com

Lovely quilt & so glad you were able to find the picture & pattern. Thanks to all the detective work!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    I am looking for a pattern for a quilt that I saw and now I can't find it again, even to link to it.
    The entire quilt was mostly blank space but had a Christmas bow and ribbon tails on it that had a shadow around the edge. It didn't look appliques, it looked pieced.

Any ideas?

Watson
    like this ??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jackie
    Lover of Scrappy, Chocolate and Wine

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieJJ View Post
    Janey, thank you for finding that pattern...... I just bought it, and it is on sale today!
    DebbieJJ - glad I could find it.

Is the pattern actually square? or is it actually six-sided? I saw one image laid out and it looks like the quilt isn't actually square.

bkay - I'm just persistent (and with this one, I was lucky). Interestingly, google doesn't show the link when I used the search term --

site:quiltingcompany.com "The Gift "

but then I tried bing.com and it is the second result.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 12-02-2019 at 05:24 PM.
    Janey & John

I have seen pieced wall hangings of wreaths similar to what you described, but I am not sure if that's what you have in mind. It really sounded more like you wanted a full sized quilt.

DebbieJJ - glad I could find it.

Is the pattern actually square? or is it actually six-sided? I saw one image laid out and it looks like the quilt isn't actually square.

Janey, the directions say that it will make a quilt that is 72" x 72" and it has a darker shadow-looking fabric on two sides, so that may be why it doesn't look square. Wherever you saw the 6-sided quilt, the maker must have done their "own thing" to it. I'll bet it was pretty!
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieJJ View Post
    Janey, the directions say that it will make a quilt that is 72" x 72" and it has a darker shadow-looking fabric on two sides, so that may be why it doesn't look square. Wherever you saw the 6-sided quilt, the maker must have done their "own thing" to it. I'll bet it was pretty!
    I finally found it again at https://www.pinterest.com/pin/402227810471136435/ I had to click on the image to see all of the quilt. if you look at the lower left corner and maybe upper right corner, it appears not to be square. I usually don't "do" pinterest and I don't know how to navigate to find out where that original image came from.

Also, the link Watson gave https://www.facebook.com/McCallsQuil...type=3&theater the lower left corner doesn't look square, nor does it look like it has been folded under.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 12-03-2019 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Not affiliated with off-site links
    Janey & John

Janey, you are right, I hadn't noticed it, but the directions say to trim the bottom left edge and the top right edge of the "shadow" fabric to give it that look. I would say that is optional, and I might not do it. My day yesterday was full of appts. and a birthday lunch for my DH, so I didn't pay much attention to that part of the pattern then or this morning, I was just looking at the picture but didn't notice the two corners. I'm sorry.
    But all of that to say this....I like the look of the corners after I noticed them!
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

Thank you for confirming.

Janey & John

Blog Entries
    Tuckyquilter, that is one neat quilt!
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

Maybe https://www.quiltingcompany.com/stor...igital-pattern

Thank you for posting the link. I just bought the pattern. Really intriguing!

I bought it too... It's a neat looking quilt! I wonder how many patterns they sold today?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    Oh, they cut the corner like it was a ribbon.
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2