Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for pattern to this quilt...can someone help?

Looking for pattern to this quilt...can someone help?

The block is called keyhole. Here is a similar quilt, called flower Power, just need to add sashing. The strips are 2.5 " wide.
    http://www.thankfullysew.com/index.p...47mpiimjvme3u5

Q

I thought I saw that pattern somewhere with Brick in the name. Not sure where but if I find it I'll post.

Hmm I see where it has a quilting board .com at the bottom and when I click on the picture I come back to QB and see this message

No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

So I am guessing that is was originally on here that I saw the picture, and for whatever reason the administration took the picture and posting off the board.
    Last edited by starshine; 07-27-2013 at 08:29 PM. Reason: additional comment

I think it is on the modabakeshop website
    Brother (XL-3500i, CV3550, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D), Juki MO-2000QVP, Handiquilter Avante

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
    I think it is on the modabakeshop website
    You're right, here it is:

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2012/01/...road.html#more
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

I think the MSQC has one on their back wall in some of their tutes. Theirs has some applique on it, but the pieced block is the same.

It looks like the "Brick Wall" quilt. I made one from a Moda jelly roll and added the sashing between each block. My notes say the 'center' piece (of a contrasting fabric) and 'top' piece are 2 1/2" x 8", the left side piece is 2 1/2" x 4 1/2", the bottom piece is 2 1/2" x 10", and the right piece is 2 1/2" x 6 1/2". (all measurements are "unfinished".) Sash with 1 1/2" wide unfinished, or width of your choice. Sew the two 8" pieces together lengthwise, then add the 4 1/2" piece at the left end, then add the 10" piece on the bottom, then finally the 6 1/2" piece on the "right" end. Press each seam before proceeding to the next. It goes together quickly if you chain piece multiple "bricks". The most difficult task is arranging them on the design board before sewing all the rows together. Good Luck.

After re-reading my instructions, I should have said "After completing the five-piece "bricks, then sash with 1 1/2" strips."

Quote Originally Posted by mommytomaddieraine View Post
    This is one more quilt that is quite simple. Get out a pencil and graph paper and start sketching.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

I have seen it somewhere called the Mailbox quilt. You might try to google or bing it.

It's called Brick Wall and is in the Aug/Sept Quilters Newsletter
    http://www.quiltersnewsletter.com/ar...ern_Brick_Wall

I have a very similar pattern by SuzGuzDesignes called Candy Bar Road. If you want it, send me your addy & I'll send it you free. Just pay it forward sometime. You might be able to find a pic of it online.

Blog Entries
    Here is a link to QB member Kirie's originial posting for the quilt:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...d-t160059.html

She apparently posted a tutorial: Originally Posted by Kirie
    Just posted a tutorial: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-160518-1.htm#4460809, but the link doesn't appear to be working. I must have copied it when she posted it back in October 2011 because it's in my files. If anyone's interested, let me know.
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Smile Heronlady is correct. Those are the right measurements.

YES, heronlady is correct. Those are the measurements. I made one, too. here is a picture of it in progress. Lots of leftover fabrics, too!!

Quote Originally Posted by heronlady View Post
    It looks like the "Brick Wall" quilt. I made one from a Moda jelly roll and added the sashing between each block. My notes say the 'center' piece (of a contrasting fabric) and 'top' piece are 2 1/2" x 8", the left side piece is 2 1/2" x 4 1/2", the bottom piece is 2 1/2" x 10", and the right piece is 2 1/2" x 6 1/2". (all measurements are "unfinished".) Sash with 1 1/2" wide unfinished, or width of your choice. Sew the two 8" pieces together lengthwise, then add the 4 1/2" piece at the left end, then add the 10" piece on the bottom, then finally the 6 1/2" piece on the "right" end. Press each seam before proceeding to the next. It goes together quickly if you chain piece multiple "bricks". The most difficult task is arranging them on the design board before sewing all the rows together. Good Luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Corky; 07-29-2013 at 09:59 AM.
    You have brains in your head.
    You have feet in your shoes.
    You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
    You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go. (Dr. Seuss)

I have the PDF Tutorial if you still need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mommytomaddieraine View Post
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You have brains in your head.
    You have feet in your shoes.
    You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
    You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go. (Dr. Seuss)

That is a nice, fresh looking quilt! I like it!

A clone pattern is in the new Easy Quilts by Fons and Porter---called Mailslots
    There are some other good patterns in that issue

Jill
    N Tx

There are two you might get general instructions and adjust accordingly, called Mail Slots and Jelly Belly in the Fons & Porter Easy Quilts, Fall 2013.