Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: looking for pattern

I would just add a triangle to the longest strip on each end. Very pretty.

Banned
    It looks to me like the outside row of logs has diamond at both ends that is mitered to the log on the next side. You could probably do it with HSTs and a square to make it easier.

Found it as a table runner. http://www.embroideryetcetera.com/mh...-log-cabin.htm

Looks like it may be a Judy Martin design that first appeared in Scrap Quilts (1985) under the name Colorado Log Cabin.

would love to make the Stairway to Cat Heaven for my daughter who has four 'babies" that have the run of her house. Is the pattern still on here somewhere? thanks, c

Quote Originally Posted by nor'easter
    It looks to me like the outside row of logs has diamond at both ends that is mitered to the log on the next side. You could probably do it with HSTs and a square to make it easier.

Found it as a table runner. http://www.embroideryetcetera.com/mh...-log-cabin.htm

Looks like it may be a Judy Martin design that first appeared in Scrap Quilts (1985) under the name Colorado Log Cabin.
    there you go again. i have to admit i'm very impressed!

Isn't it just a log cabin that has sashing? It looks like the sashing and corner stones make the darker blue stars to me.

Banned
    No, it's definitely part of the log cabin block, mawquilter. There is no sashing. I thought that at first, too, until I looked at the close up photos. (I think it's clearer in the neutral colored quilt. Same pattern, just a different color.)

Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for finding it Nor'easter. My next looksie was going to go to the Amish Quilts, but I always get "lost" when looking at them. They are so gorgeous, I just sit and stare at them for hours. Would have taken me days to find it.

Not sure who it is that is wanting Stairway to Heaven, but you can buy it from Mccall's Quilting. It used to be a free pattern, but no longer is.

I went home on Friday night and completely forgot about this. Sorry!!!! I see one was found, and I will try and remember when I go home for lunch.

You saw this on the Amish Quilt Shop web site. They use the same bedroom setup for all their quilts. I think this pattern is on Quilter's Village web site because I printed it. Can't remember the pattern name but it is red, white & blue as the other lady said. I am fixing to look it up so I'll post & let everyone know,

I have Eleanor Burns Star Log Cabin book, and this is just one of the layouts she has in the book. :)

Just looked up Quilter's Village site. The quilt I thought it was is under Patriotic quilts but it's not the right one. This one has too many stars. If I find in any of my books I'll post.

I made that pattern last year- had seen a photo in an old book but no directions. So I made my own pattern. This blue/white color combination is pretty. I did mine in purples and jade green.
    Cheryl

That's really pretty. I've seen that before but can't remember where. It looks like a log cabin with stars in each corner.

lunch what lunch at my office today. But I was layig in bed and I remembered so I got up went to the quilting room and found the pattern.

Here is the link http://quickquilts.com/patriotic/pattern_103/

The layout is different in this one than the first one posted but it is very similar. Another difference between this pattern and pretty cream picture is the star between the blocks.

Hope this helps and sorry I am soooo forgetful

Thanks Missi, this pattern will work nicely, even though the stars are different than the cream pic, I think for a beginner like me these ones will be easier.

I have been searching for this pattern since the picture was posted. :shock: The Amish have this perticular one and will not release a pattern. :( So by accident I came across the web site of coloradoquilts.com . :D They have the pattern this is so close . :thumbup: Anyways I did order it. pattern $9.00 + ship.$10.99. I ordered about an hour ago. Colorado Quilts sell through
    quilterswarehouse.com
    I am exicted. I want this quilt even if I cant figure out the stars this one will be almost exactly like it.
    Bill'sBonBon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2