Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
looking for pattern >

looking for pattern

looking for pattern

Old 03-28-2020, 01:48 PM

Default looking for pattern

Does anyone know where I can find the Civil War Stars pattern by Pat Ehrenberg. Below is a link to a video that
shows the quilt behind Pat. I was given a copy of the pattern a while ago but I think I'm missing some pages. I've looked everywhere on the internet that I can think of - it might be part of a book that I'm not seeing. thanks for your help. Stay healthy!

https://pbswisconsin.org/watch/unive...s-and-stories/
Old 03-28-2020, 04:31 PM

I googles this : Civil War Stars pattern by Pat Ehrenberg. There is some info. Good luck!
Old 03-28-2020, 05:53 PM

That's such a pretty quilt. I took some pictures of the quilt in the video. I see the Sawtooth Star block that measure 12 inches finished and some smaller ones that measure 6 inches finished and 6 inch finished solid fabric squares. This would make the inside of the quilt about 90 inches and the HST's surrounding it would be 3 inch finished. http://www.quilterscache.com/S/SawtoothBlock.html

I suspect there are going to be some partial seams putting this together. I would put it together from the top down. If you do a close up on the blocks, you will see where you can sew some of them together before sewing into the row.
Hope this helps
Old 03-29-2020, 05:28 PM
Gay

There is a good pic of this quilt on her facebook page, and I agree with Barb re sizes. Couldn't find a pattern. I would think the border blocks finished at 4". There is one partial seam, and each set will be 30"

Pat Ehrenberg s' Civil War Stars Quilt

Attached Thumbnails 01-civil-war-stars-blk.jpg  
Old 03-29-2020, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Gay View Post
There is a good pic of this quilt on her facebook page, and I agree with Barb re sizes. Couldn't find a pattern. I would think the border blocks finished at 4". There is one partial seam, and each set will be 30"

Pat Ehrenberg s' Civil War Stars Quilt
Thanks Gay for figuring out the block. I couldn't see it. Now, off to EQ7 to draw it so I can remember it. I'd like to make this quilt.