Looking for quilt patterns

Looking for quilt patterns

Old 03-06-2010, 11:12 AM

I am in need of two quilt patterns. Twin Sisters by
Eleanor Burns and Turning twenty around the block,
new to quilting I hope I have the correct names of
the patterns, please help.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:40 AM

I too was looking for Turning Twenty Around the Block. It is not out there as a free pattern, at least not that I could find. I have a book of Eleanor Burns called Still Stripping after 25 Years and it has a pattern called Four Sisters. If you are interested in that pm me and I will make you a copy.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:15 PM

Don't you respect copyright laws? If the pattern is offered for sale, it shouldn't be copied and passed on.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:12 PM

I just saw a Turning Twenty quilt here on this site. Here's a link to it. I bookmarked it because I want the pattern too.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-38619-1.htm
Old 03-07-2010, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Pat and pups
Don't you respect copyright laws? If the pattern is offered for sale, it shouldn't be copied and passed on.

OUCH!!!!

I am all for buying patterns that are copyrighted and available...
but...I also understand the "email me and I will copy it for you".
Instead of attacking, lets try and educate people on the latest way to get patterns and about copyrights...
Kirsten
Old 03-07-2010, 05:56 AM

I use to agree with all copy rights but now find it very hard as I have been quilting for years and this is what I am finding look at the people out there who takes a persons pattern and does a spin off and sells it one of the biggest was Bethany Reynolds Stack and Whack then along comes what's her name and does one blok wonder same quilt same everything but with a twist anotther one was Sarah Nephews
quick baby blocks and I could go on and on so what is with this copy rights only for certain people
Old 03-07-2010, 07:10 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by sunflower126
I too was looking for Turning Twenty Around the Block. It is not out there as a free pattern, at least not that I could find. I have a book of Eleanor Burns called Still Stripping after 25 Years and it has a pattern called Four Sisters. If you are interested in that pm me and I will make you a copy.
:hunf: please don't make public offers to send illegal copies to other members.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Dodie
I use to agree with all copy rights but now find it very hard as I have been quilting for years and this is what I am finding look at the people out there who takes a persons pattern and does a spin off and sells it one of the biggest was Bethany Reynolds Stack and Whack then along comes what's her name and does one blok wonder same quilt same everything but with a twist anotther one was Sarah Nephews
quick baby blocks and I could go on and on so what is with this copy rights only for certain people
You cannot copyright an idea or a technique, but you can copyright the way in which it is expressed. That is why photocopying someone else's work and passing it on is unethical and illegal. Developing patterns and writing a book based on a technique for making something is completely different.

BTW, stack and whack quilts have never appealed to me, but I am captivated by the OBW. There is obviously a big difference in how the stacking technique is used by the different authors, which is why the OBW books have been successful. (Please don't throw rocks because I don't like the stack and whack - I have seen some beautiful ones, just have no desire to make them...yet.)