Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for Scrappy Christmas Quilt patterns with presents or stockings or trees. >

Looking for Scrappy Christmas Quilt patterns with presents or stockings or trees.

Looking for Scrappy Christmas Quilt patterns with presents or stockings or trees.

Old 03-10-2019, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by illinois View Post
One of my friends did all of her "sample" blocks in Christmas fabrics. When she collected enough, she had a Christmas quilt!
I LOVE that idea! Thank you!
Old 03-10-2019, 10:39 AM

here are some I did - this one I made "presents" and then sashed them so they'd be in increments of 3" (plus seam allowance) and then added some smaller blocks to get it all together.

I really love the ribbon quilt to highlight Christmas fabric

And this one was a fun way to use up a bunch of Charm squares

I have seen a pattern that used presents arranged to form a tree like the ornaments. I liked it so much that is what got me to start collecting Christmas fabrics. I just got over enthusiastic in collecting and ended up with way more than I needed. I'll be making more Christmas quilts come next winter.

Last edited by Macybaby; 03-10-2019 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:51 AM

Zipper quilt - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtLL4liuW8o

I made two of these with Christmas fabrics. One was small for a 2 year old to use at his fathers, the other was larger for his mothers home. If you keep the same proportions as the pattern, you can make larger 'zippers', and it will look great.
Old 03-11-2019, 02:18 AM

Default Thanks Karamarie and Sewnclog for the pattern.

Originally Posted by sewnclog View Post
I think the one karamarie posted was a block of the month. Called Silent Night Sampler block 2016,
http://inspiredbyfabric.blogspot.com/2016/
Lots of cute blocks here...and a wonderful idea to use sampler blocks. Thank you!
Old 03-11-2019, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by GingerK View Post
Our sewing group made this free pattern from Moda for a charity raffle. One member cut it all out and those that wished to help took little block kits home to sew. Ours turned out really really nice and the blocks are super simple.

http://www.unitednotions.com/fp_flurry.pdf

I can see making this would be a fun quilt. Thank you! 1 daughter in law requested a present quilt and this would work well.

I will be making 2 different Christmas quilts so I love all the ideas you wonderful quilters are posting.
Old 03-11-2019, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
Zipper quilt - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtLL4liuW8o

I made two of these with Christmas fabrics. One was small for a 2 year old to use at his fathers, the other was larger for his mothers home. If you keep the same proportions as the pattern, you can make larger 'zippers', and it will look great.
I do have several Charm packs that would work well with this zipper quilt. I like that you can make it larger to suit your needs. Thank you!
Old 03-11-2019, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
here are some I did - this one I made "presents" and then sashed them so they'd be in increments of 3" (plus seam allowance) and then added some smaller blocks to get it all together.

I really love the ribbon quilt to highlight Christmas fabric

And this one was a fun way to use up a bunch of Charm squares

I have seen a pattern that used presents arranged to form a tree like the ornaments. I liked it so much that is what got me to start collecting Christmas fabrics. I just got over enthusiastic in collecting and ended up with way more than I needed. I'll be making more Christmas quilts come next winter.
All 3 quilts are so festive. I believe I saved the Ribbons quilt pattern. I love all the ideas here on the board.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:49 AM

This was a great stash buster; a friend gave me her Christmas fabric scraps and this was the perfect pattern for it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]610091[/ATTACH]

I saw a similar quilt in a keepsake quilting catalog, so I didn't use an actual pattern. I got the tree block off the McCalls quilting site and the alternate block was just a 25 patch!
Attached Thumbnails christmas-trees.jpg  

Last edited by ekuw; 03-11-2019 at 10:52 AM.
Old 03-11-2019, 02:25 PM
Power Poster

Here is a really cute quilt that can be done scrappy. I made this one all in flannel. [ATTACH=CONFIG]610106[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]610106[/ATTACH]

It is a free pattern by Lynette Anderson Designs called Christmas Wishes. https://lynetteandersondesigns.typepad.com/lynette_anderson_designs/free-patterns.html
Attached Thumbnails dsc06471.jpg  
Old 03-12-2019, 05:11 AM

I made a really easy one for my boss using 5" squares that were snowballed. Then I added triangle tree blocks randomly. In another version for which I don't have a photo, I outline quilted the houses and quilted trees in the blank squares.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]610136[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails christmas-houses.jpg