Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Looking for sewing/quilting themed fabric

  1. #1
    Super Member Quiltgranny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Quiltsville
    Posts
    1,860
    Hi Everyone,

    I'm looking for fabric to make some curtains for my sewing room. I'm having a difficult time finding anything with a sewing and/or quilting theme to them. I would prefer a fabric with a quilt theme, but will consider others. The only site I've seen so far was quiltersstudio.com, and they seemed to have fabric with more of a sewing theme than quilting.

    Can anyone point me in the right direction, please? I tried Google-ing, but must not have had the right combination of search words.

    Thanks so much,

    Karla

  2. #2
    Senior Member Lisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    596
    I saw some on ebay just a few minutes ago, not sure how much yardage it was.

  3. #3
    Super Member Quiltgranny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Quiltsville
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa
    I saw some on ebay just a few minutes ago, not sure how much yardage it was.
    I saw some too, that was just bolts of fabric sold by the yard. The other few entries were by the FQ. I was looking under "sewing themed fabric". If you come across what you saw, please let me know.

    Thanks,

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mid Tennessee
    Posts
    800

  5. #5
    Super Member Quiltgranny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Quiltsville
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by sewcrazygirl
    Thanks for the bolts of fabric, buttons and thread. Cute and stored in my "for consideration file". :D

  6. #6
    Senior Member HeatherQuilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    646
    Debbie Mumm has one that I have seen at Jo-Ann's.
    http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/p...DID=xprd768893

    I hope you find what you are looking for!

  7. #7
    Super Member Quiltgranny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Quiltsville
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherQuilts
    Debbie Mumm has one that I have seen at Jo-Ann's.
    http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/p...DID=xprd768893

    I hope you find what you are looking for!
    That one is interesting. Thanks.

    Look at this cute one I just stumbled upon:

    http://cgi.ebay.ca/BEE-HAPPY-Colorfu...-/350341009344

  8. #8
    Super Member Favorite Fabrics's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Posts
    4,199
    Blog Entries
    1
    If you can be patient (as in, wait until September), Dan Morris is designing a new group for RJR that's all about sewing. It's called "Mrs. Sew & Sew".

    http://rjrfabrics.com/fabrics/collec...?packageID=789

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mid Tennessee
    Posts
    800
    Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    If you can be patient (as in, wait until September), Dan Morris is designing a new group for RJR that's all about sewing. It's called "Mrs. Sew & Sew".

    http://rjrfabrics.com/fabrics/collec...?packageID=789
    OH wow!! :thumbup:

  10. #10
    Super Member Quiltgranny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Quiltsville
    Posts
    1,860
    Thanks, that does look interesting, too. I'll keep my eyes open for that one, but do need something to put on the windows now - the bears are looking in at me... and they are big and hungry looking!! :shock: :lol: The deers, the raccoons and other critters, now they're cute! :thumbup:

  11. #11
    Senior Member luvstoquilt301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    851
    There is a wonderful one at Thousands Of Bolts for just $2.95. I found it while looking for stuff under the cream catagory..no time to search right now. It is sewing notions.

  12. #12
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,668
    Blog Entries
    194
    Joann's has some

  13. #13
    Genie915's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texan from Arkansas
    Posts
    79
    Blog Entries
    24
    I found some really cute ones at eQuilter.com by searching: QUILTING Sewing & Knitting.

  14. #14
    Super Member Quiltgranny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Quiltsville
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by luvstoquilt301
    There is a wonderful one at Thousands Of Bolts for just $2.95. I found it while looking for stuff under the cream catagory..no time to search right now. It is sewing notions.
    Thanks! I'll go take a gander and see if I can find it.

  15. #15
    Super Member Quiltgranny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Quiltsville
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    Joann's has some
    Thanks. I'll go see if I can find it.

  16. #16
    Super Member Quiltgranny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Quiltsville
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Genie915
    I found some really cute ones at eQuilter.com by searching: QUILTING Sewing & Knitting.
    Thank you. I'll go take a look.

  17. #17
    Super Member JanetM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    At my LQS
    Posts
    2,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
    Hi Everyone,

    I'm looking for fabric to make some curtains for my sewing room. I'm having a difficult time finding anything with a sewing and/or quilting theme to them. I would prefer a fabric with a quilt theme, but will consider others. The only site I've seen so far was quiltersstudio.com, and they seemed to have fabric with more of a sewing theme than quilting.

    Can anyone point me in the right direction, please? I tried Google-ing, but must not have had the right combination of search words.

    Thanks so much,

    Karla
    I found these:

    http://www.equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc...19110301761.be

  18. #18
    Super Member Quiltgranny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Quiltsville
    Posts
    1,860
    Thanks, what colorful stash and buttons, oh my!

  19. #19
    Super Member SherriB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Quilting somewhere......
    Posts
    2,844
    Blog Entries
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    If you can be patient (as in, wait until September), Dan Morris is designing a new group for RJR that's all about sewing. It's called "Mrs. Sew & Sew".

    http://rjrfabrics.com/fabrics/collec...?packageID=789
    Oh my! I need to start saving for that line of fabric right now!!! I would love to make a quilt out of the vintage machine fabric. And make in on my vintage treadle machine. :mrgreen:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.