Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for simple pattern for a man >

Looking for simple pattern for a man

Looking for simple pattern for a man

Old 05-19-2011, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by jdeery
I think a D9P would be perfect, using your focus material as the four corners, so they wouldn't get cut, and use other corresponding material with it. Browns, Greens, Tans,
can't wait to see what you come up with!
I like both the D9P & Warm Wishes in your Debbie Mumm bird print. I have some of this, & was surprised to find it's not in stock many places now. Hope you have enough!
Old 05-19-2011, 03:56 AM

Guys are pretty easy to impress. I sewed together simple squares(in my avatar) and it illicited a tearful response from the very manly recipient.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:01 AM

I think I found the perfect pattern for a man. Muscles, flowers, and a broom. Ha ha, couldn't resist! Every time I read my own Subject line, I have to giggle. :)

So many good ideas. I just keep going around and around with trying to make a decision. I have another idea, too. Eleanor Burns has a simple Morning Star pattern in her Quilting Through the Seasons book. Mr. Burdell was in the Navy, as was his brother and father. He is very into the political-thing, so I thought perhaps he would like a patriotic quilt?? I have some of the darker, richer red & blue tones, and maybe use a cream instead of white? Hum...

I spoke to him again yesterday, and again he changed the subject on the color topic. He sure is a tough bird. I sure hope I can make up my mind! I figure I'll embroider his name on it so he CAN'T give it back. :mrgreen:

SIMPLE PATTERN FOR A MAN
[ATTACH=CONFIG]199020[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-199014.jpe  
Old 05-19-2011, 09:21 AM

I think the fabric with the birds is a great idea to start with. Along with greens and other bright colors
Old 05-19-2011, 10:13 AM

My husband loves to camp, fish, hunt, etc. I found some fabric that had log cabins, a guy fishing, camping, deer, moose, bears, etc. I bought some plaid homespun - blue, green and red and cut it all into 8 1/2" squares and then just randomly sewed them together. He loves it!
Old 05-19-2011, 10:15 AM

Yeah, I think I'll stick with the 'manly' colors. Seems like he's ticked off at the country most of the time, anyway. ;) I really like the browns and greens and tans. Ya know, earthy man colors.