Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
looking for... >

looking for...

looking for...

Old 02-26-2015, 01:17 PM
shy

Default looking for...

I have used up ALL my scrapes..and have many more sexes to make..I use to be able to buy ends..pieces and etc. From a quilt store ..like a small bag was 5 dollars..A great way to have many difference materials in the quilt..Does any one know of a place to get any thing like that online ..as my store quit selling the scrape bags...Thanks for any help.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:24 PM
Power Poster

I think that Moda packages something called scrap bags:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...Text=&_sacat=0

I save all my larger scraps so I have a few boxes overflowing. People give their scraps away for free I think under another section on this QB. You might want to check that out.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:39 PM

I've never heard of scrap bags before. Is this a good deal? $12 for 12 oz? Just curious!<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/7de6c67b/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>
Old 02-26-2015, 03:44 PM

Hi Shy
Funny that you posted this .
I just picked up 10 bags of cotton from a lady in town for free and there are some really large pieces in it .
How I got them is I posted on Kijjii ad page not sure if you have it down there but what about posting some thing on Craigs list .
The lady made my day for sure.
Good luck
Tom
Old 02-26-2015, 04:08 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

There are a number of sources online for scrap bags. Just enter "fabric scrap bags" into the search box on your browser.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:13 PM
shy

First off...Hexes not sexes..I didn't proof read....BARON..it was not any ounces..it was just bags of end and piece that were left over from quilts they made for the shop to show..usually it was put in quart bags about full for 5.00..I got all sort of different material..which was great ..After the lady found out what people were using them for .She quit..I suppose she thought it was losing her money..I don't know what she does with it now..
TOM we don't have what u have..Craig's list won't help me much either..I live in rural Iowa..small small town..MANIAC..I will check. that out..thank u ALL.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:35 PM

That did catch my attention! But I was so busy wondering how you have managed to use all your scraps that I let it pass.

I have it on good authority that if you leave two scraps alone in a dark closet, you will soon have thousands of them to deal with.

At least that's what seems to happen with my scraps!
Old 02-26-2015, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
That did catch my attention! But I was so busy wondering how you have managed to use all your scraps that I let it pass.

I have it on good authority that if you leave two scraps alone in a dark closet, you will soon have thousands of them to deal with.

At least that's what seems to happen with my scraps!
Well, that explains about the "sexes."
Old 02-26-2015, 04:52 PM

Pls msg me for more details. Thanks
Old 02-26-2015, 04:56 PM
KLO

tesspug, I actually laughed and almost fell out of my chair when I read your reply post!!! Thanks for that on a snowy, gray day in NC.