Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking For >

Looking For

Looking For

Old 05-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Power Poster

I think your teddy bear was much cuter than the one on that other website! If the people are willing to provide the material from baby items, that would cut down on expenses, but then you would also have stretchy, slinky, fuzzy and whatever other fabrics you would be forced to work with, too.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:15 PM

I am in the process of making a large piece or 'crumb quilt material' and will be making some larger and softer bears than the little guy and will be making jointed arms and legs and maybe I will put in some squeekers left over from my fabric ball project. I just finished cleaning out my sewing room and discovered several boxes of scrapes and so I am having a ball revisiting materials I worked with over the last few years. I am glad I kept the scrapes. I tried to explain what i was doing to my DH, who is totally blind. He just doesn't get it. But he did feel a piece I was working on and just said "Gee" and then laughed. I told him I was saving a bunch of money by recycling and then he asked if that meant I didn't have to go to JoAnns. and I told him NO. I will still be using the nine patches but also use the scrapes.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:12 AM

That's so funny that he wanted to know if you were still going to Joanns. Then much to his amazement I am guessing, your answer was no. LOL