Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
lost books >

lost books

lost books

Old 06-01-2014, 04:38 AM

Default lost books

I am totally frustrated. I know I own two applique books, but don't have a clue where they are. I have been searching for days. I know what they look like, as I was thinking of buying them again, and I know that I didn't lend them out, as I don't have anyone around here to lend them to. One of them is pink, so it would stand out. I have two book cases, and I checked under the bed, as I read in bed. I bought them years ago... Ughhh
Old 06-01-2014, 04:50 AM

I hate it when that happens. Did you by chance loan them out to a friend and never got them back? If they never show up, search ebay or Amazon for replacements that don't cost much-I have done this before and eventually found the originals! You can always resell one of them.......
Old 06-01-2014, 04:55 AM

I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me! I usually find whatever I have lost when I take everything out of the bookcase and put things in order! Then I discover I've been looking right over it for hours.
Old 06-01-2014, 04:55 AM
Power Poster

.maybe the covers are different from the way you remember them?

This has happened to me.

Hope they show up soon for you.

Have misplaced some interfacing that seems to be hiding out on ke. The plus side - I have rediscovered some itrms I had fofgotten about.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:07 AM

Sometimes things just disappear. I lost my little iron awhile ago and finally bought another. Never found the first one. I lost a book and finally found it in a bag with the quilt pieces tucked away in a cupboard. Good luck finding the books or finding them on sale for a reasonable price.
ue
Old 06-01-2014, 05:50 AM

Oh, I feel your pain! I moved 2 years ago, and I could not find some of my favorite sewing books! I looked in every cabinet and bookshelf, under the bed, in the spare bedrooms, and checked every box left in the basement that was labelled anything like 'books' or 'sewing'. Nothing. I complained so often about losing them, my husband got in the game. Guess what? They were in a box marked 'kitchen'! He said he put them there because he though I could find them easily ;-) sigh. At least I eventually found mine, and I hope you do too.

Pam
Old 06-01-2014, 05:51 AM
ro
Banned

relax. its usually in the first place you looked for it. is there anything near the bed where you could have put it? in a drawer. maybe it found itself under the blanket at the foot of the bed. its there somewhere. you know you didnt throw it out. it will show up. if not ask for the books here and maybe someone has it and doesnt want it any longer.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:58 AM

Oh my, I'm sorry to say that this happens to me, too. And it is SO FRUSTRATING!!... makes a Christian woman want to swear!! I do refrain myself, though. Do you keep your books in more than one place? Have you taken them all off the shelves and restocked them? I don't know what else to suggest. I hope you locate them because I'd hate to have to purchase duplicates.

I have been in an organization mode for about a year now. We winter in one house and summer in another 500 miles away so it is essential that I know where things are and.... things can be a burden at some point. I've been there. I now have a quilting organization book that tells me where things are. I know.... I'm a little OCD (my kids say a lot OCD) but it works for me, finally. I don't spend near as much time 'looking for something' as I used to. And as I get older, I'm also giving some stuff away that I won't ever use.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:59 AM

I've had books fall between the footboard and the mattress. But the beset way to find your books is to replace them with new ones. The old ones will show up shortly after that.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:04 AM

I am sorry you can't find them. I know how that is!! Years ago I bought a brand new skirt. I took it out of the closet a few times that week excited about wearing it to church that Sunday. Come Sunday morning the skirt was NO where to be found. I still have NO idea where it went!