Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lost my fav square!!

Blog Entries
    I seem to have lost my favorite square ruler. I can not find it anywhere. Between wrapping and presents under the tree and baking and cooking and working on the sewing for my last runner it has disappeared. I wanted to do some cuttting and try a new block today, but not without my ruler darn it!!!

Blog Entries
    Happens to me all the time. It'll turn up in one of the craziest places you'd never expect.

Blog Entries
    Just don't look for it and concentrate on other things and voila it'll show up ;-)

Blog Entries
    LOL ya i checked in the dogs normal hiding spots I thought maybe (hopefully) he had taken it and hidden it but no :( rats!!!!

Blog Entries
    Hehe ya im going to go do some laundry and straightening and get ready to make sugar cookies instead i guess lol not nearly as fun though!

Blog Entries
    I am still looking for the manual for one of my machines...so I feel your pain :lol::lol::lol:

When I first started my quilting a few weeks ago I lost my pin cushion and my scissors, I think the cat hit them somewhere. It seems though that I always lose things while quilting, so maybe it goes along with it! Hope you find it!

Blog Entries
    I will show up! It may be an hour, a day, or even months from now but it will show up. Go ahead and buy another one while you are waiting.

I lose scissors. I have 3 identical ones now. I still find myself searching for scissors at times!

Blog Entries
    yes...it will pop up and then the thought hits....
    "Oh Man!!! I remember putting it there!!!" :roll:

Blog Entries
    Hate when that happens. And it happens all to often.

OH it will turn up! I lost two borders for my nephew's quilt... I had two but couldn't find the other two!!!! did a frantic search. Got frustrated and decided to be methodical and clean the sewing room. I got that done in about three hours... still no borders. Said to myself... FINE I won't use borders!!!

Sat down with the quilt to snip off threads before layering and the borders were already sewn on the sides!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mamagus
    OH it will turn up! I lost two borders for my nephew's quilt... I had two but couldn't find the other two!!!! did a frantic search. Got frustrated and decided to be methodical and clean the sewing room. I got that done in about three hours... still no borders. Said to myself... FINE I won't use borders!!!

Sat down with the quilt to snip off threads before layering and the borders were already sewn on the sides!!
    ROFLOL ... PRICELESS!
    The worst for me is knowing that when I put the stuff somewhere, it made perfect sense - - then, I have to go back through the days to figure out what made "perfect sense" that particular day!
    I used to be able to find something by remembering the container I was working out of that day ... then, I got the bright idea of using all containers alike ... joy! NOT!

I've lost my ruler before. I finally found it, it was under some fabric.

Banned
    i hate when i lose something i need,. it usually lands up being under my cutting mat or under fabric. i sure hope you find it

Blog Entries
    I lost a pressing sheet, 2years later I found it, under
    something else, Right under my nose all the time! Guess
    we all fall prey to this.

Maybe it got in a box with one of the presents. You may find it tomorrow.....

I had rearranged my craft room so that I could actually fit my quilting frame in there without having to crawl under it to get to the shelves.. and yeah, well, lost my new rotary cutter that I love so much....

Then I hung up an old curtain on a tension rod across the closet (had to remove the closet doors to fit the quilting frame in there originally) and couldn't find the second curtain to match! I originally was going to use the curtains as fabric since I loved them so much but they don't fit in my house (and are too short for the closet but hey, don't look at the bottom foot and a half okay??) well... yeah, I found the rotary cutter - AND the curtain in the same bag!! Yup... a friend of mine and I were going to make the tote bag from the All People Quilt newsletter and decided to go out shopping that day instead - and well, I had brought that curtain to cut up!!

I just thought it was funny that they were both in the same bag. Had the rotary cutter been wrapped around the curtain it would have been absolutely hysterical... but same bag is pretty funny too.

I feel your pain. I have misplaced a 4.5 square ruler that I just love. I have looked everywhere for it. I'm almost tempted to just buy another one because then I'll find the one I misplaced and will have two.

Blog Entries
    Did you wrap it with a gift? That might be a surprise for you and the recipient. lol Hope you find it soon.

Say a quick prayer to St. Anthony. He is the patron Saint of lost things. He helps me all of the time. In fact it has gotten to the point that I say "Saint Anthony"? and he says "Yes, Honey, what do you need now"? :oops: :oops:

Perhaps you used it for a cutting board! LOL

Blog Entries
    I found it!!!!!!!!! It was in the bottom of my fabric bin. I had just reorganized and somehow it got in the bottom. I went to start the border for DH's quilt and there it was!!!! I was SOOOOOOOO happy. WOOOHOOO! Now I have it to cut all the pieces I need! Thanks St. Anthony!! :D

Blog Entries
    Sounds just like myself... on a more fun note I love the snowman. Where do you all find such cuties/ and how can I download one?

Blog Entries
    momto4; sorry looks like I responded below you and I really did reply in bevanger's msg. However, these two of your 4 look like so much fun, when do you find time to quilt?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast