Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lost Quilt >

Lost Quilt

Lost Quilt

Old 12-05-2014, 08:34 AM

They have said almost nightly on the news that thieves know that since cyber Monday people are going to be receiving packages so they drive through neighborhoods and stop any where they see a package. They are recommending people have the package sent to their jobs or to a neighbor who will be at home. I think it is so sad that our society has to come to this kind of thing, worst thing is that the people doing this are not the poor but just the greedy.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:03 AM

How despicable. Maybe their conscience will plague them. I can certainly see why she would want it back.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:29 AM

I had several boxes taken from my front porch, which is not very visible and back from the street, by a resale shop that was doing their pickup rounds. Fortunately they left a card. They were closed when I got home from work but I called them first thing the next morning. The truck had already been unloaded and things being taken out of the boxes. I was able to retrieve most of my things before they went out on the floor. They were all things from my parents house that we were cleaning out that were special to me. The resale store never apologized nor helped me find my things, no load them in my car. I have never gone back there to purchase anything. I don't normally leave things out on my porch but was exhausted from cleaning out the house and thought I would take care of them the next day. Another co-worker had a similar thing happen when she left some expensive clothes out in a bag for the dry cleaner to pick up. This same resale shop took them.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by d.rickman View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]501200[/ATTACH]Here is a picture of her unfinished quilt - left on the porch, about 25 feet from the walkway, while she took the balance of her things over to her mothers and when she got back it was gone..... sounds like she had a lot to carry and this was left behind and someone picked it up before she got back to carry it over as well.
Very unusual quilt. I know Quilter's Cashe also posts Missing Quilts Alerts!
Old 12-07-2014, 08:14 PM

Thanks for posting this sight. I recently bought a beautiful hand quilted in a pineapple paatern cream quilt at a thrift store. I thought it was a whole cloth quilt but it is blocks. It is king size and just broke my heart to see it at a thrift store for $9.00. I brought it home washed it and laid it on my bed to get a better look at the stitching. There are initials on the pillows. I looked on the sight to see if it might be posted. I think a family member probably just donated it. I think it is such a treasure. The quilting is beautiful. I am glad my kids love quilts.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:40 PM

citruscountyquilter, that resale shop should be reported, something funky is going on there.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:46 PM

Default lost quilt

I think I would agree -- I've often been told that a lock on the house is just to keep an honest person honest! That's a sad commentary on our society. Unfortunately, the type of person who would steal something like that is likely to be into illicit drugs of some kind. Otherwise, they'd earn the money! I just don't think there's anything lower than a thief! Unless it's a child molester! God help us all!

One "slight" protection from a resale shop such as was described is put "No Trespassing" signs in the manner prescribed by state law. That gives you a little more leverage -- when something is taken like that, law enforcement must be called -- that's the only way to put a stop to it. People will think twice about swiping something if there's a likelihood of getting caught!

Jeanette

Last edited by Jeanette Frantz; 12-07-2014 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Additional content
Old 12-07-2014, 11:52 PM

I hope it is found. It just shows we must take photoes of finished quilts.