Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
In love with accuquilt go >

In love with accuquilt go

In love with accuquilt go

Old 04-11-2013, 02:57 PM

Check out the prices at Quilting-Warehouse. They have dies discounted at least 30%, and I just noticed some strip cutters for over 40% off.

http://store.quilting-warehouse.com/...accuquilt.html
Old 04-11-2013, 05:03 PM

This is a fascinating discussion. QB and I stood in front of one of these at a quilt show last weekend and it didn't appeal at all. They were cutting out stars with a die and it wasted more fabric than it used. I couldn't imagine why you'd want it. Now I understand. Thank you all for the info! Not high on my list right now, but I can see it might be some day.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:56 AM

Glad you got the AccuQuiltGo. Already you have found it beneficial because of your joints. Other benefits are accuracy and time saved. Not only that, you will find it cuts up scraps beautifully! Here's a couple tricks for you, and I bet you willl figure out other tricks, too! One is to cut strips whatever the width you used. Then turn them sideways and cut them into perfect squares. Another one is to strip two or three strips together. Press. Then turn them around and cross cut into pieced strips for 4 patch or 9 patch blocks. Enjoy!
Old 04-12-2013, 03:11 AM

I recently purchased an Accuquilt Go! Why had I not done it earlier? This is an amazing little machine! I love the accuracy and the quickness. Perfect cuts every time! Love my Accuquilt Go!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:28 AM

I felt the same way as you, years ago, when my QB went gaga over the idea. Funny how we change through the years ;-) I hope I find it useful. it's showing up at the door Monday.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:34 AM
Swap Hosts

Congratulations, Jan. I love mine! So fast and accurate. I find that if I cut more, I quilt more!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:35 AM

I love mine. I have a number of dies that I am looking forward to using. So far have used the 2 1/2 strip .....a lot!
Old 04-12-2013, 05:53 AM

Mine should be here today. Birthday present from hubby! I can't wait! I've been itching to try a Storm at Sea quilt. There's no way my wrist would hold up to that much cutting. I can't imagine how long it would take to cut it by hand accurately.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:16 AM

I'm a newbie & got a GO I am so in love with it after only 6 times of using it, I get almost as excited about how little waste there was in the stip cutting as with the strips them selves. I LOVE my GO! After using it twice I bought 2 more dies. I show it to everyone with a sample cut
Old 04-12-2013, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by LynnVT View Post
This is a fascinating discussion. QB and I stood in front of one of these at a quilt show last weekend and it didn't appeal at all. They were cutting out stars with a die and it wasted more fabric than it used. I couldn't imagine why you'd want it. Now I understand. Thank you all for the info! Not high on my list right now, but I can see it might be some day.
I am sure at the demo the main point was showing how easy it operated not necessarily how to be conservative in use of fabric. I have one and many dies and believe it or not my "waste" is extremely minimal..If fabric is put down carefully and wisely the "waste" is merely shreds at the edges of the cuts, and even it is a bit more than that, I have saved time without the strain of rotary cutting that same piece(s)...and now I can piece!!!!!! JMHO