Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Loving the sizzix! >

Loving the sizzix!

Loving the sizzix!

Old 09-02-2014, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by crashnquilt View Post
I love my Sizzix Big Kick machine. Now they have the XL dies for strip cutting. They are a bit pricey but well worth every penny. I cut enough fabric for 4 bargello quilts in less than 15 minutes. Each strip was accurate and a dream to work up. I don't regret my purchase for a minute!
I like the Sizzix over any other die cut system because I can use dies from other companies like Accuquilt and others. Best money I ever spent!
Which Accuquilt die cutter is this equivalent to? The GO or GO Baby?
Old 09-02-2014, 03:21 AM

I know what you mean about borrowing it I often decide to do things on the spur of the moment and it isn't always convenient to borrow at that time. Also you use up the cutting boards. I had been given money for Christmas which I kept until I could get a good offer on it. I have loads do scraps and think the dies will save so much time cutting the scraps into usable pieces. The 15% offer has been on for a while so it is probably permanent.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by cannyquilter View Post
I know what you mean about borrowing it I often decide to do things on the spur of the moment and it isn't always convenient to borrow at that time. Also you use up the cutting boards. I had been given money for Christmas which I kept until I could get a good offer on it. I have loads do scraps and think the dies will save so much time cutting the scraps into usable pieces. The 15% offer has been on for a while so it is probably permanent.
Definitely, I feel really bad that her cutting boards are now covered in apple cores! I might buy her a new set and keep the used ones for myself!
Also, she has only just discovered (because I told her) that it could cut fabric so she might want to use it more often now that she knows! And I am definitely a spur of the moment quilter! I didn't feel too bad borrowing it this time because I lent her my fiskars hexie punch, so she was getting something in return, but I probably don't have anything else she'd want to borrow in future! Also, I'm not well enough to drive at the moment (and not looking like it will get any better in the near future) so either my mum or her friend would have to collect/deliver it each time, which I would again feel bad about. I'm definitely going to get my own, just have to find a way to convince my mum that it isn't the end of the world to have my own!
Old 09-02-2014, 09:56 AM

I have the big shot and the big shot pro and love them!! I tried the accuquilt go and the brother scan n cut and wasn't happy with them. Sold the Go and returned the SNC.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Which Accuquilt die cutter is this equivalent to? The GO or GO Baby?
The Big Kick is comparable in size to the GO Baby. You can use the Accuquilt dies in the Big Kick with shims (they are thinner in depth than the Sizzix dies)...but the 6" wide Accuquilt dies are too wide for the Big Kick because they are really a bit greater than 6".