Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Machine Pad with Apron >

Machine Pad with Apron

Machine Pad with Apron

Old 11-27-2019, 02:51 PM

Default Machine Pad with Apron

I am making a pad for under my sewing machine and this lovely piece of fabric that goes with my Turquoise machine is small. I have a piece of wool (washed) for the pad and am wondering how much extra I should allow for the quilting. I am squeezing right to the quarter inch on this. Thanks.
Old 11-27-2019, 03:01 PM

I don't know the answer to your quilting question.

If you need more fabric you could add some sashing strips. Even a one strip added around the original piece of fabric will get you out of a jam. Hope that helps!
Old 11-28-2019, 06:20 AM

I can't think of why the project would need to be quilted. I saw two of them at a retreat this summer and they weren't.

did you get the new Eversewn Sparrow? I love my pink one
Old 11-28-2019, 08:57 AM

Kalama: That is so funny. I hadn't even considered that I could not quilt it. But when I think about washing it, I think it might be better quilted. I am also going to put some padding on the drop and apron section. I just picked up some Pellon fusible fleece - never used anything like this before but thought I would use it for the apron.

My machine is a Singer Stytlemate 1967. I love it. I have had it for 4 years now with book and attachments and a tiny turquoise handled screwdriver. I went to a quilt retreat last summer and we were making a bag from a placemat. I had made my placemat myself as we are kind of in the boonies and I had to put the binding on it twice. Then we start making the placemat and she says cut off the binding. Noooo. She thought our machines would not be able to get through all the layers. I counted 8 layers and tried it. No problem at all.

Rhonda: Thanks for the idea but I am trying to show off this fabric - just love it and I believe I can make it work. Spent a lot of time last evening measuring and checking and remeasuring. I will let you know how it goes.

Last edited by Kelsie; 11-28-2019 at 09:07 AM.