Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Machine question >

Machine question

Machine question

Old 03-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
QuiltMania's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 826

I have an old 1970s Montgomery Ward Signature sewing machine. It has a pedal that you press with your knee to run it. Does anyone know if it it possible to change the pedal to make the machine work with a foot pedal? Would that ruin the machine? It was my grandmother's so I don't want to ruin it.
QuiltMania is offline  
Old 03-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 88

I have a 70's Singer, which I can run with the Knee press or take the pedal that is behind the knee press and place it on the floor and use my foot. It fits in the cabinet with metal clips behind the knee press, easy to remove and put back.
Hoping yours works the same.

tnjacke is offline  
Old 03-10-2009, 05:12 PM
tlrnhi's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In the middle of a mess...
Posts: 19,916

Like Tnjacke says....you should be able to reach up and take the pedal down. It should just clip into the side..
tlrnhi is offline  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.