Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Machine Question

Machine Question

My first post. Bear with me here as I'm an Old Geezer. I purchased a Brother embroidery machine because I wanted to
    Make up some blocks for a quilt. The machine works just fine. How ever I want to do a name using two or more words and for the likes of me I can't get a space between the words. I can only do them one word at a time in a vertical position. I do believe the manual is useless. Anybody have a suggestion I would certainly appreciate the help. Thanks for looking and listening.

I wish I could help, but I don't have an embrodiery machine. Could you call the company and talk to customer service? There's people on here who have tons of knowledge and they'll be able to help you I'm sure.
    When you sleep under a quilt, you sleep under a blanket of love.

I don't have a Brother machine, but I found this explanation online - http://www.annthegran.com/cs/forums/p/5039/18825.aspx

Use the underscore with small marks at beginning and end of line.

edited to say - my DH is an old geezer too. I tell him that all the time. Even if I am a month older.

If there is LQS nearby that sells Brothers they may be able to help you out.

I know I am better being shown what to do and my taking my own notes ... than reading a manual that doesn't speak Ali.

ali
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali