Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Machine question... >

Machine question...

Machine question...

Old 12-18-2010, 11:41 PM

I am looking at older machines, the new machines are looking alot like the machine of the 50 and 60s. I found a machine that looks like the new Handi quilter table version...
Since the older machines are workhorses...Does anyone know where to look for info on these machines? Where do you find other people who have had experiance on these machines for quilting?
Help? Opinions? Advice?
Kirsten
Old 12-19-2010, 03:08 AM
Power Poster

usually you can look up on line any 'old' machine...you need to know the brand, and model # to find out information but there is lots of information available. start with the machine you want info about...each machine is different.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:32 AM

You can also check in the vintage machine section on this board. There's lots of info and enthusiasts there!
Old 12-19-2010, 08:06 AM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-43881-1.htm

There's 400 pages here, but folks are really knowledgeable and you can find information about everything. The expert is Billy (Lostn51) who rebuilds and paints machines and knows ALOT, but there are many people here who use vintage machines. When I wanted to know which one to buy to make purses- this is where I went, and they steered me right!

Enjoy.

FREE Quilting Newsletter