Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Machine Quilting Frames >

Machine Quilting Frames

Machine Quilting Frames

Old 03-04-2010, 10:08 AM

Does anyone have a Grace Sturdy-Lite Machine Quilting frame? It's $399 and that's less than any other frame.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:24 AM
Banned

Do they still make the Sturdy-Lite? I think that may be a defunct product, so I'd be concerned about getting support from the Grace Frame company if you have issues or parts that need replacing (especially if you buy from an outside vendor).

Also, looking at the frame, it certainly doesn't look very "sturdy"! There may be a reason they're no longer making it...

I own a Little Gracie II, and it works well enough for me. Both it and the Start Right Frame are Grace's lower end products. If you're trying to stay low on cost, though, I would highly recommend checking out craigslist -- I see people selling their frames on there all the time, and usually for a pretty good price.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:57 AM

Thanks rivka...I'll try craigslist. I'll also look into the other Grace frames. We don't have a dealer anywhere in central Florida so it's going to be hard to get info or see the frames.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Banned

Make sure you check out the GraceMachineFrame group on Yahoo Groups -- there are several frames for sale on there. Most of them are being sold in conjunction with a machine, but not all of them. Also a great place to ask questions!
Old 03-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Power Poster

I just bought a Grace Mini Pinni Frame from sewvacdirect.com. I was looking at the study lite frame too, but this one comes with a speed controller and the set of four clamps. It was $599 so it is a little more, but it looks much studier and by the time I would buy the clamps and the speed controller for the Sturdy Lite there was a much smaller difference in price. And there are no shipping costs when you use them. It came in about a week, wasn't too hard to put together and works great. They did send me the wrong speed controller but I called Grace and they sent me a replacement. It was here in just four days. PM me if you have any questions.