Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Machine suggestions >

Machine suggestions

Machine suggestions

Old 11-01-2013, 06:54 AM

I also have a small Brother--great machine, works perfectly, and has lots of stitches, but also like you, I needed something more suited to quilting. I love my new Juki TL2010Q. It is straight stitch only (I still have my Brother for fancy stitches and buttonholes). It is mechanical, not computerized, which is good for any possible maintenance issues, and it sews beautifully. I bought it online through Amazon (free Prime shipping--I hate shopping, and this way, it comes right to your door). It runs 999.99, though I wouldn't be surprised to see a holiday sale.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:16 AM

Check out the machines on www.allbrands.com They ship FAST and have free delivery. I have three Brother machines and love them all and got them from them. Also (HSN) Home Shopping Network has a wonderful Singer that if I needed another machine I'd get it!!! Here it is below. They do sell other ones too.
http://www.hsn.com/products/singer-1...achine/7199536
Doing the research is my favorite part!!
Old 11-05-2013, 11:41 AM

If you are happy with the number of stitches your little Brother does, I'd suggest looking at the Brother PQ1500s. It is a straight stitch machine that does FMQ beautifully. I purchased mine for a song used, but new they are around $600.00. Why so expensive, you ask? They are considered industrial machines and will sew through just about anything. They are also primarily metal rather than plastic as many newer machines are. I like the fact I can keep it set up for FMQ and use my other machines for piecing and such. I have a Janome HT2008 and a Brother 6000i, and I find myself using the little Brother more because he will sit on a TV tray. But for FMQ and straight stitching, Big Brother can't be beat.

Last edited by Belfrybat; 11-05-2013 at 11:44 AM.