Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Maine Quilt Show Meet & Greet >

Maine Quilt Show Meet & Greet

Maine Quilt Show Meet & Greet

Old 07-31-2010, 01:03 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know how disappointing it was to not have the board members show up either yesterday afternoon or this morning; after many spoke about wanting to meet each other at the Maine Quilt show. Only CakesQuilts and myself showed up again this morning at the designated 10:30. We waiting half an hour but nobody showed up. Am looking forward to hearing from some of you as to what went wrong. Hope all of you who live close enough and were able to go enjoyed the show as much as I did. There were alot of beautiful quilts and I had a great time spending all my quilty money.
I must add that Cakes Quilts is a lovely gal, and it was trully a pleasure meeting her and her husband. He appears to be very supportive of her hobby.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:16 PM

I wish I lived closer - I would have been there! Glad you enjoyed it, even if it was just the two of you.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:21 PM

I am sorry no one showed up to meet with you two. I knew I would not be there in the afternoon on Friday, so never said I would be there. It was a great show though. The rest of my weekend is being spent with visiting family - that is why I could not commit to meeting at 2:30 on Friday. Maybe next year!
Old 07-31-2010, 01:28 PM

Beachlady, we certainly know some have other plans...we were just going according to those that posted their interest in meeting up. Glad you enjoyed the show, did you pick up some goodies? I certainly did!
Old 07-31-2010, 01:37 PM

Oh yes - I bought some beautiful batiks from the lady from North Dakota and a new foot for my Bernina. Also a small fall pattern. I probably would have spent more, but had to leave by 1PM.

Mamaw, do you live near Augusta?
Old 07-31-2010, 01:46 PM

i was there Sat and was looking for someone that might be from the QB, but never found any of you. I got there a little after 10:30- went to the concession areas a few times, but noone was there ether time - if i was in the right place (near the chicken salad people), even wandered around the soda machines... and thought maybe the plan had changed. ...so i wandered around most of the day, saw a few demos etc. Sorry I missed you two - Mamaw...will have to meet in Madison some day.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:52 PM

Yes, I was so looking forward to meeting you katmom54. Cakes Quilts, her hubby, and myself stayed by the soda machine from 10:30 til 10:55 in the concession area. Did you see the man sitting on the little stool, and 2 women standing by him?
Old 07-31-2010, 01:53 PM

It takes me about 45 mins to get to Augusta beachlady. About that long to get to Lewiston/Auburn or Skowhegan area too.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:07 AM
Power Poster

I wish I was closer. sigh
Old 08-01-2010, 08:07 AM

Mamaw...I guess I didn't catch on - probably saw you, but didn't make the connection...haha hate to say it, but I might not have focused if you had a husband with one of you - wasn't looking for a man!!!...but I am sure we can find a meeting time and place. Let me know if you are coming this way sometime, and like I said, I might take a trip to Madison at least once more before the summer is over. Back to work the last week of august, so playtime will be limited.