Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
major Hobby Lobby fabric score >

major Hobby Lobby fabric score

major Hobby Lobby fabric score

Old 10-14-2022, 05:28 AM
Power Poster

I went to HL yesterday. All fabric is 40% off. Christmas fabric is 50% off . Many bolts are marked $3 a yard. It wasn't busy so I got to talking to the young sales girl. I asked about why the low prices for fabric. She said Hobby Lobby decided to increase the seasonal dept in all stores so all other depts will be downsized. She said the store will be about all seasonal items. Seasonal items were their biggest profit makers. She didn't know how much of the sewing dept would be left. Maybe bigger sales to get the inventory down soon too.

I found a few bolts of wide backing marked $5 a yard. Hobby Lobby has some Robert Kauffman and lots of Kona. I'll keep an eye on the dropping prices if any and post it here.
Old 10-14-2022, 09:23 AM

I was there earlier this week when they were pulling fabrics. I didn't come home with any, but may have to stop back in. I often use HL fabrics for backing.
Old 10-15-2022, 10:45 AM

I hit the HL in my town and collected a bunch to use right away but $3/yd were few and far between. The 40% and 50% mark downs got most of my money. I may go back to get some velvet, especially if the markdowns will get bigger. Maybe more seasonal fabric are in our future??
Old 10-15-2022, 02:29 PM
Power Poster

Many bolts of $3 a yard fabric in the local HL. Each one had a sticker so maybe no one put stickers on all the bolts. Someone has to do that.
Old 10-16-2022, 07:29 PM

The 30 or 40% off i every other week, so it won't be on sale this week. The markdowns will remain. I still need to check on the wide backings.
Old 10-20-2022, 03:47 AM

In Eau Claire WI there having a sale to clear out some fabrics to make room for new fabric. They aren't down sizing the fabric department. I think the fabric department is larger then the last time I was there.