Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
makes it all worth it. >

makes it all worth it.

makes it all worth it.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltngolfer View Post
What a great feeling that your quilt gave him a part of home away from home. I would also like to thank him for his service. It is such a sacrifice to leave home and all that we love for service to one's country. I wish every military person could have a quilt from home.
I too, would like to repeat this sentiment. How wonderful that your quilt brings him so much peace & love. It's too bad that everyone in the military doesn't get that luxury. May God keep him & all our military safe & bring them home safely when their tour is over.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:06 AM

God bless you and your son! The best kind of sleep from heaven above is under a quilt homemade with love.
Sounds exactly like my nephew..I made home a longer quilt with a whole cloth surfing scene and he hung this one on the wall..So on to a third one...
Old 08-28-2012, 10:01 AM

Makes it so worth while to make.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:17 PM

I'm sure it means alot to him. Tell him I said thanks for his service. I had the opportunity to made three young men, two, that I did not know, a quilt in January.They were getting deployed. It was such a blessing to be able to send it with them on such a mission, They seem to appricate it so much. I just sent them about 40 DVDs yesterday.I love doing things for our military.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:15 PM

I would like to add my thanks to your son for his service, and also to you. I know you are so proud of him and I hope it gives you comfort to know he has a lovingly made quilt to hug him when you can't do it yourself. God bless him and bring him back home safely.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:50 PM

I appreciate the sacrifice your son is making to serve his country. That quilt, I'm sure, gives him comfort.

A question though? Could you ask him what size the quilt should be for his bunk. I would like to make a quilt or two for someone in the military, and it would be nice to have it fit and be really useable.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:17 AM

Heartwarming tale. Thank him for his service and may God keep him safe in all his travels.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:33 PM

He is not in basic training, he is training for 8 weeks at Camp Lejune, NC and its sooo hot...but he slepts with it every night.
Originally Posted by quiltmom04 View Post
Wow! I'm impressed that the military would let him use it! That's wonderful that he has it and that it is so comforting to him!
Old 09-07-2012, 02:34 PM

Twin size is perfect but extra long...they like to cover their heads and of course their toes.
Originally Posted by captlynhall View Post
I appreciate the sacrifice your son is making to serve his country. That quilt, I'm sure, gives him comfort.

A question though? Could you ask him what size the quilt should be for his bunk. I would like to make a quilt or two for someone in the military, and it would be nice to have it fit and be really useable.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:36 PM

They do love them...anything to remind them of home...
Originally Posted by palmetto girl View Post
I'm sure it means alot to him. Tell him I said thanks for his service. I had the opportunity to made three young men, two, that I did not know, a quilt in January.They were getting deployed. It was such a blessing to be able to send it with them on such a mission, They seem to appricate it so much. I just sent them about 40 DVDs yesterday.I love doing things for our military.